11 The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. 12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, "The Lord is with you, mighty warrior."
13 "But sir," Gideon replied, "if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our fathers told us about when they said, 'Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?' But now the Lord has abandoned us and put us into the hand of Midian."
Top 10 sermons on Judges 6
- God wants ordinary people to spread his word
- The Story of Gideon – The Making of a Hero
- There is Strength in Weakness
- Gideon: From Despondency to Defiance
- Gideon - An Unexpected Hero