Illustration results for Hospitality
Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength.
"Tact is the rare ability to keep silent while two friends are arguing, and you know both of them are wrong."
Tact is the ability to make a person see the lightning without letting him feel the bolt.
Susan Babb, OSL
A. Friend – some years ago
B. Sunday worship service, church like ours
C. Service begun – member of congregation began worship, no pastor yet
D. Man dressed shabbily in a heavy overcoat and wild hair and who could of used a bath came into service
1. Trouble finding a seat, pretty packed toward back – is that like this church
2. Finally a member, a prominent business man in the community offered to help the man
3. He asked him to sit with him and family
a. got him a bulletin
b. found a hymnal for him
c. helped him find place in bulletin
E. Of course the congregation was murmuring about man
1. some where heard to say, “Doesn’t he know how to dress for church?”
2. Others sitting close by holding their noses
3. Parents were trying to stop their children from staring and giggling
F. The businessman had to help man stand when the hymn began, the man did not sing
G. The congregation was getting nervous because the pastor was still not present and soon it would be time for the sermon, the member leading
worship was sweating,No scripture was even listed in the bulletin
H. Think how you would be feeling if Pastor Ed or myself were not present for worship –
Maybe it would be answer to your prayers for a short sermon
I. Anyways, back to friend’s church
1. When it came time for the scripture and sermon, the stranger stood up and said, “The Lord wants me to tell you something today.”
2. Heads jerked, several started to say something
J. The stranger walked to front of the church and started unbutton his coat.<...
Tact: the art of building a fire under people without making their blood boil.
Tact: the ability to describe others as they see themselves.
Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.
"Civility costs nothing, and buys ...
"In the battle of existence, talent is the punch; tact is the clever footwork."
Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a hole in his head.