Illustration results for psalms 88:0
Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
(Suggest a Keyword)
The state of depression is a very real and common affliction among people of all ages, race and culture.
In January of 2005, Bob Murray, PhD and Alicia Fortinberry, MS complied some staggering statistics on depression:
- Depressive disorders affect approximately 18.8 million American adults or about 9.5% of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year.
- Everyone, will at some time in their life be affected by depression — their own or someone else’s, according to Australian Government statistics.
- 30% of women are depressed. Men’s figures were previously thought to be half that of women, but new estimates are higher.
- The rate of increase of depression among children is an astounding 23%
- 54% of people believe depression is a personal weakness.
- 80% of depressed people are not currently having any treatment.
- 15% of depressed people will commit suicide.