· I’m a pastor, and theologically, I am not paid for the work I do, I am paid so that I may be free to devote myself to the ministry. It makes a difference.
· My church does not pay me to preach the Gospel. I do that freely.
· My church does not pay me to visit someone in the hospital. I do that freely.
· When someone calls me at 3:00 AM and needs to talk to the pastor, I don’t’ punch a time clock or report my time to someone.
· Visiting a parishioner—how can you put a price tag on that?
· Counseling someone in crisis? I wouldn’t know what to charge.
· My salary is given to me so that I can be free to devote myself completely to ministry, and not be distracted by another full time job.
· I’m reminded of a minister who was sitting with his Board of Elders. An elder said, “I do...
Illustration Topic Browser
- Church Attendence
- Money & Finances
- Bible Study