(Suggest a Keyword)
WHAT'S A BURDEN?
What a "burden" is according to Scribal Law (re: Sabbath observance):
* Food equal in weight to a dried fig
* Enough wine for mixing in a goblet
* Milk enough for one swallow
* Honey enough to put upon a wound
* Oil enough to anoint a small member
* Water enough to moisten an eye-salve
* Paper enough to write a customs house notice upon
* Ink enough to write two letters of the alphabet
* Reed enough to make a pen ...
Illustration Topic Browser
- Church Attendence
- Money & Finances
- Bible Study