Each Of Us Has Our Own Definition Of What It ...
Text Illustration shared by Charles Wilkerson, Kenton Church
Scripture: (add scripture)
Category: Movies / Videos
About Text Illustration Contributor
Each of us has our own definition of what it takes to make us whole. If wholeness doesn’t make sense to you try the idea of fulfillment, contentment, satisfied, at peace, centered. A great desire of the human heart ever since Genesis 3 is, in the words of CSNY, “to get back to the garden”. Our entire culture is driven toward this Christian and non-Christian. And if you don’t believe me consider how the movies we have watched over the decades are aimed at seeking after an elusive sense of wholeness.
· “African Queen” Katherine Hepburn’s character believes in getting even with the Germans who have killed her brother
· “Gone With the Wind” we have Scarlet declaring her goal to “never be hungry again”
· “Charades” you have a search for money left behind by a murder victim.
· “Star Wars” involved us in the goal of justice and the salvation of Darth Vader by his Son.
· “The Green Mile” has healing itself as its goal. Healing for individuals and for a community.
Other text illustrations you might like
- Faithful To His Promises
- How To Be Restored To A Right Relationship
- Committed To The Father
- 6 Reasons Christians Can Be Certain Of H...
- You Are God's Workmanship
- Our Sovereign God
- Help! My Church Isn't Growing
- Mighty God And Everlasting Father
- Is There Anyone Who Thinks He Can Whip B...
- The Prodigal Father
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas