The Bible Tells Us That Where Your Treasure Is, .....
Text Illustration shared by D. Greg Ebie, Life Church Assembly Of God
About Text Illustration Contributor
· The Bible tells us that where your treasure is, there your heart is also. That means we could accurately say that many folks are more committed to professional sports than they are to the church. In 1993 the total attendance at worship services in the U.S. was 5.6 billion, while the total attendance at U.S. professional baseball, football, and basketball games combined was only 103 million (less than 2 percent of the worship attendance, or for every 100 people who attended church less than 2 were at a sporting event.)
· Now the rest of the story: Contributions to churches for the year totaled $56.7 billion (that’s just over $10 per person), but the amount spent on professional baseball, football, and basketball totaled $4 billion (that’s nearly $40 per person or almost 4 times what people gave to their local church per person). Is it any wonder that we look at some fans and say that they really are fanatics? They are more sold out for their team than many church attenders. HOW MIGHT WE CHANGE OUR NATION IF THE CHURCH QUADRUPLED ITS COMMITMENT TO OUR CAUSE? (Statistics reported in Citation: National & International Religion Report, 5/2/94. "To Verify," Leadership.)
Other text illustrations you might like
- Died and Rose Again
- Peter Drucker Offers Insightful Guidance...
- We Must Be Wary Of Defining Friendship W...
- TOZER ON AMBITION TO LEAD
- Our Love To God Is Measured By Our Every...
- As I Look Ahead, Far Ahead, Two To Three...
- A Follower, Not a Disciple
- Some Christians Spend The First Six Days...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas