I Recall A Story About A Man Who Had To Cross A .....
Text Illustration shared by Ed Wood, Retired Southern Baptist Minister
About Text Illustration Contributor
I recall a story about a man who had to cross a wide river on the ice. He was afraid it might be too thin, so he began to crawl on his hand and knees in great terror. He thought he might fall through at any moment. Just as he neared the opposite shore, all exhausted, another man glided past him nonchalantly sitting on a sled loaded with pig iron.
How like some Christians! Headed for Heaven, they tremble at every step lest the divine promises break under their feet. By resting completely upon Him and taking His promises at face value, we can drive out the paralyzing fear that hinders our effectiveness in serving Christ.
Other text illustrations you might like
- I WILL GIVE YOU TWO APPLES
- An Atheist Professor Stood Before His Cl...
- The New Guy
- I Read Of A Minister Who Was Visiting On...
- A Young Teenage Boy Had Just Gotten His ...
- Now, My Dad Once Told Me The Story About...
- The Story Is Told Of A Father Of 5 Who C...
- Assumptions Can Be Quite Dangerous. For...
- Home Baked Happiness- Giving Christmas T...
- The Da Vinci Code: Faith, Fact, Or Fiction?
- Where You'll Find Grace
- Just Like Us!
- Faith...takes A Licking And Keeps On Ticking
- Praise God For His Deliverance From Your...
- Removing The Mountain
- Passionate Commitment
- Overcoming Fear In Witnessing
- 10 Assets Of Justification
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas