Swindoll: The Grace Awakening
Text Illustration shared by Michael Mccartney, Christian Hills Church
Scripture: (add scripture)
About Text Illustration Contributor
Swindoll notes "The Grace Awakening:
But when “grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ,” a long-awaited revolution of the heart began to set religious captives free. Fear-full bondage motivated by guilt was replaced with a fresh motivation to follow Him in truth simply out of deep devotion and delight. Rather than focusing on the accomplishments of the flesh, He spoke of the heart. Instead of demanding that the sinner fulfill a long list of requirements, he emphasized faith, if only the size of a mustard seed. The change spelled freedom, as the Lord himself taught, “…you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). Rigid, barren religion was, at last, replaced by a grace-orientated, relationship-liberating grace. His followers loved it. His enemies hated it… and Him. Without a doubt, the earliest grace killers were the Pharisees (10).
Other text illustrations you might like
- Prayer Journal Entry of George Washingto...
- Forgiveness Is Not About Making The Othe...
- Spiritual River Rafting
- The Meaning Of Life. The Wasted Years O...
- The "Stream of Forgiveness"
- Henry P. Crowell, Affectionately Called ...
- Singer Michael Card Wrote A Song Called ...
- Beloved Christian Reader, In Matters Of ...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas