Swindoll: The Grace Awakening
Text Illustration shared by Michael Mccartney, Christian Hills Church
About Text Illustration Contributor
Swindoll notes "The Grace Awakening:
But when “grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ,” a long-awaited revolution of the heart began to set religious captives free. Fear-full bondage motivated by guilt was replaced with a fresh motivation to follow Him in truth simply out of deep devotion and delight. Rather than focusing on the accomplishments of the flesh, He spoke of the heart. Instead of demanding that the sinner fulfill a long list of requirements, he emphasized faith, if only the size of a mustard seed. The change spelled freedom, as the Lord himself taught, “…you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). Rigid, barren religion was, at last, replaced by a grace-orientated, relationship-liberating grace. His followers loved it. His enemies hated it… and Him. Without a doubt, the earliest grace killers were the Pharisees (10).
Other text illustrations you might like
- Grace: Jean Valjean from Les Miserables
- A Video Clip From The Movie "dead Man Wa...
- For Many People Today The Spiritual Jour...
- Got It Comin'
- Do You Remember The Feelings Of Disappoi...
- Jackie Chan Movie. This Man Is Very Inn...
- They Shoot Horses Don’t They". The...
- Remember The Show, "to Tell The Truth?" ...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas