Conference After Conference Is Held To Discuss ...
Text Illustration shared by Owen Bourgaize, Baptist
Conference after conference is held to discuss the destruction of the Earth’s environment and to solve the poverty of two thirds of the world’s population but very little gets done when the talking is over. Isn’t it essentially a problem of selfishness, greed and exploitation? Desmond Tutu, the former Archbishop of Cape Town, said famously, “When missionaries came to South Africa, they had the Bible and we (the Africans) had the land. They said, ‘Let us pray.’ We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land!”
Other text illustrations you might like
- Sucked In, Washed Up, and Blown Over
- A Little Boy And A Little Girl Were Sing...
- Conference After Conference Is Held To D...
- One Man Was Always Worrying. He Worried ...
- It Looked Like Saturday Morning Tv Time ...
- We Get a New Family
- Lucy Who Has Planned A Picnic For The Ne...
- What Really Matters
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas