Conference After Conference Is Held To Discuss ...
Text Illustration shared by Owen Bourgaize, Baptist
Conference after conference is held to discuss the destruction of the Earth’s environment and to solve the poverty of two thirds of the world’s population but very little gets done when the talking is over. Isn’t it essentially a problem of selfishness, greed and exploitation? Desmond Tutu, the former Archbishop of Cape Town, said famously, “When missionaries came to South Africa, they had the Bible and we (the Africans) had the land. They said, ‘Let us pray.’ We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land!”
Other text illustrations you might like
- Is There Hope For The Next Generation Of...
- What Does Hope Do for Mankind?
- Matthew Henry Said, “when Christ D...
- God Promised Peace To Those Whom His Fav...
- Remarks by President Bush
- After The Dallas Cowboys Had Won The Sup...
- I Refuse to Be Discouraged
- C.h.mackintosh Wrote: "there Is Power In...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas