Holiness Does Not Consist In Mystic ...
Text Illustration shared by Paul Fritz, Trinity College
"Holiness does not consist in mystic speculations, enthusiastic fervours, or uncommanded austerities; it consists in thinking as God thinks, and willing as God wills."
John Brown, Nineteenth-century Scottish theologian, quoted in J. Bridges, The Pursuit of Holiness, p. 51.
Other text illustrations you might like
- I WILL GIVE YOU TWO APPLES
- An Atheist Professor Stood Before His Cl...
- The New Guy
- I Read Of A Minister Who Was Visiting On...
- A Young Teenage Boy Had Just Gotten His ...
- Now, My Dad Once Told Me The Story About...
- The Story Is Told Of A Father Of 5 Who C...
- Assumptions Can Be Quite Dangerous. For...
- Home Baked Happiness- Giving Christmas T...
- The Da Vinci Code: Faith, Fact, Or Fiction?
- Where You'll Find Grace
- What Will You Do?
- Faith...takes A Licking And Keeps On Ticking
- Praise God For His Deliverance From Your...
- Removing The Mountain
- Passionate Commitment
- Overcoming Fear In Witnessing
- 10 Assets Of Justification
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas