First Of All, The Gospel Of Phillip Is A Gnostic ....
Text Illustration shared by Paul Wallace, Dixonville Wesleyan Church
About Text Illustration Contributor
First of all, the Gospel of Phillip is a Gnostic text that is widely considered by scholars to have been written at least a century after the canonical gospels. So it’s not authoritative.
Second, even that debunked book does not refer to Jesus having married Mary Magdalene, but simply states that he kissed her. The word used does not even denote a romantic kiss, but denotes something more like a kiss on the cheek or forehead.
A kiss was a common way for men to greet each otherPhillip, in mentioning that Jesus kissed Mary, is telling us that he treated her like other disciples.
Other text illustrations you might like
- The Da Vinci Code: Faith, Fact, Or Fiction?
- Cracking The Da Vinci Code
- Exposing The Da Vinci Code, Pt. 1
- Exposing The Da Vinci Code Deception
- Exposing The Da Vinci Code, Pt. 2
- The Da Vinci Code: Who Was Mary Magdalene
- Leveraging The Da Vinci Code
- The Da Vinci Code, Part 1: Do The Winner...
- Exposing The Spirit Of The Pharasee
- The Da Vinci Code: Fact Or Fiction (part...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas