Doormat or Daughter of Destiny
Text Illustration shared by Ross Cochrane, Words Of Life
About Text Illustration Contributor
DOORMAT OR DAUGHTER OF DESTINY
There's a difference between CO-OPERATING WITH GOD and being a DOORMAT for others. Rebekah has a choice. Is this her destiny? Is she merely a doormat for the plans of others? In John 10:10 (NIV) Jesus says "...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." So often God's intentions for me are so much higher than the plans other people have for me.
Rebekah is a RISK TAKER. Faith is always a risk. Giving your life to Christ is also a risk. FAITH MAYBE BLIND BUT IT ISN'T DEAF. Faith comes when we hear what God has to say for our lives and then we step out and act upon it without knowing what the future holds.
Rebekah courageously takes a step of faith by her willingness to give up her life with her family and go with this man to a land she has never seen, and marry a man she has never met, based upon God's promises to a relative which have yet to be fulfilled. Now that is faith.
Other text illustrations you might like
- I Prayed For Faith And Thought That Some...
- Peter Drucker Offers Insightful Guidance...
- Faith Is Not A Distant View But A Warm E...
- A. holman Defines Faith: Trusting Commit...
- TOZER ON AMBITION TO LEAD
- Henry P. Crowell, Affectionately Called ...
- Faith Does Not Operate In The Realm Of T...
- In The Book Gaily The Troubadour, Publis...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas