Text Illustration shared by SermonCentral
About Text Illustration Contributor
The Spanish Parliament’s move to grant rights previously reserved for human beings to chimpanzees and other apes is a victory for those seeking to minimize the uniqueness of humanity, a bioethics specialist says. An environmental committee in Spain’s legislature approved a resolution on 5/25/08 calling for the government to abide by the Great Apes Project, a 15-year-old campaign to grant the right to life, freedom and no torture to chimps, gorillas, orangutans and bonobos. The measure has the support of a majority of Parliament and is expected to become law, according to Reuters News Service.
(BP News 7/1/08)
Other text illustrations you might like
- Henry Blackaby Said, "you Never Find God...
- Community: "A Part of Me Loved War"
- Augustine and the Four States of Man
- What God Will Do, Not What You Will Do f...
- C.s. Lewis Penned These Powerful Words A...
- I Believe All Of Us Subconsciously Want ...
- Do You Remember The Four-minute Mile? Th...
- A Single Man Has Not Nearly The Value He...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas