Text Illustration shared by SermonCentral
About Text Illustration Contributor
The Spanish Parliament’s move to grant rights previously reserved for human beings to chimpanzees and other apes is a victory for those seeking to minimize the uniqueness of humanity, a bioethics specialist says. An environmental committee in Spain’s legislature approved a resolution on 5/25/08 calling for the government to abide by the Great Apes Project, a 15-year-old campaign to grant the right to life, freedom and no torture to chimps, gorillas, orangutans and bonobos. The measure has the support of a majority of Parliament and is expected to become law, according to Reuters News Service.
(BP News 7/1/08)
Other text illustrations you might like
- The False Foundations in the Kinsey Repo...
- The Scariest Road
- Researchers At Johns Hopkins University ...
- Mother's Day Is Second Only To Christmas...
- The Boundaries Of Moral Propriety Have E...
- Moral Confusion: Americans Hold A Confus...
- Do You Know That Archeologists Have Disc...
- Ever Seen a Picture of a Platypus?
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas