Waiting on the Interest
Text Illustration shared by SermonCentral
About Text Illustration Contributor
WAITING ON THE INTEREST
A girl had a nice little piggy bank. Her father wanted to teach her about saving, so he talked to her about putting her money into a savings account at their bank. He very carefully explained to her that when she put money into her account, the bank would pay her interest on her money and that her money would grow that way.
The big day came. They went to the bank. She gave her piggy bank to the woman opening her account. Then she just stood there and stared at the woman. "Is there something else I can do for you?" the woman asked.
The little girl answered, "No, Iím just waiting on my interest!"
The girl didnít understand that there was a delay between sowing her money in that account and reaping the harvest of her interest. Thatís the way it is in life. Since that is the case, you need to understand a couple of very important facts about today:
1. The things happening in your life today are the results of what you have sown in the past. You are reaping the harvest of what you sowed a week ago, a month ago, a year ago.
2. What will happen in the future will be determined by what you sow into your life today. If you want to change your future, then you need to change what you are sowing today.
(From a sermon by Tim Huie, "King David and the Law of the Harvest" 1/23/2009)
Other text illustrations you might like
- A Young Employee Secretly Misappropriate...
- God's Great Faithfulness
- Imagine There Is A Bank That Credits You...
- In 1996, The Chicago Tribune Ran A Story...
- A Wealthy Man Once Called His Faithful A...
- John Wycliffe Had A Vision Of A Bible In...
- A Young Man Learns What's Most Important...
- Sowing the Seed: A Comparison
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas