Author And Teacher, Dr. Howard Hendricks Tells ...
Text Illustration shared by SermonCentral
About Text Illustration Contributor
Author and teacher, Dr. Howard Hendricks tells the story of a young man who strayed from the Lord but was finally brought back by the help of a friend who really loved him. When there was full repentance and restoration, Dr. Hendricks asked this Christian how it felt away from the Lord. The young man said it seemed like he was out at sea, in deep water, deep trouble, and all his friends were on the shore hurling biblical accusations at him about justice, penalty, and wrong.
“But, there was one Christian brother who actually swam out to get me and would not let me go. I fought him, but he pushed aside my fighting, grasped me, put a life jacket around me, and took me to shore. By the grace of God, he was the reason I was restored. He would not let me go.”
Other text illustrations you might like
- Memorial Day: Remember the Martyrs
- The Latest Statistics Clearly Show That ...
- How Do You Have A Loving Church? A Surv...
- Agape Love, The Highest Form Of Love, Is...
- Christian Love Impacts a Heartless World
- La Televisión, Internet, Cine, Video, Et...
- Barna on New Year's Resolutions
- Did You Know That Every Year 3,000 Lives...
Other Related Media you might like
Comments and Shared Ideas