A Little Girl Walking In A Garden Noticed A ...
Text Illustration shared by Ted Sutherland, Calvary Baptist Church
About Text Illustration Contributor
A little girl walking in a garden noticed a particularly beautiful flower. She admired its beauty and enjoyed its fragrance. “It’s so pretty!” she exclaimed. As she gazed on it, her eyes followed the stem down to the soil in which it grew. “This flower is too pretty to be planted in such dirt!” she cried. So she pulled it up by its roots and ran to the water faucet to wash away the soil. It wasn’t long until the flower wilted and died.
When the gardener saw what the little girl had done, he exclaimed, “You have destroyed my finest plant!”
“I’m sorry, but I didn’t like it in that dirt,” she said. The gardener replied, “I chose that spot and mixed the soil because I knew that only there could it grow to be a beautiful flower.”
Often we murmur because of the circumstances into which God has sovereignly placed us. We fail to realize that He is using our pressures, trials, and difficulties to bring us to a new degree of spiritual beauty. Contentment comes when we accept what God is doing and thank Him for it.
Other text illustrations you might like
- Consumed With Consumerism
- One Of Golf’s Immortal Moments Cam...
- Have You Heard About The Little Boy Who ...
- A Guide to Knowing You Are Middle Aged
- A German Soldier Was Wounded. He Was Or...
- The Story Is About A Man By The Name Of ...
- Odd Laws Still On The Books, Citation: R...
- An Older Sister Was Sitting Next To Her ...
Comments and Shared Ideas