Illustration results for All Saint's
Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Numbers of the Bible”
The number one is for God. We must begin with number one or we cannot have number two or any other number. Mathematically speaking we cannot get anywhere without the number one. We must begin with God.
The number two is for man. Man as an individual. God made man and Christ is “called the second man.”
Three is the number for the Trinity. God is a triune God; Father, Son and Spirit. The atmosphere, which we live in, is a trinity of oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen. The tabernacle was a trinity with its court, holy place, and Holiest of Holies.
The first chapter of Revelation is full of trinities of Truth.
V. 2 – The Word of God, The testimony of Jesus, All things that He saw.
V. 3 – Read, Hear and Keep.
V. 4 – Which is, Which was, and Which is to come.
V. 5 – The Faithful Witness, The First begotten of the dead, The Prince of the kings of the earth.
V.5, 6 – Loved us, Washed us, Made us kings and priests.
V. 7 – Every eye shall see him, They also which pierced him, All kindreds of the earth.
V. 9 – Tribulation, Kingdom, Patience
V. 18 – I am He that liveth, Was dead, Alive for evermore.
V. 19 – Things seen (Past), Things which are (Present), Things which shall be (Future).
Who would dare to contradict the trinity as these Ten appear in one chapter alone, chapter one of Revelation. Certainly no Spirit filled believer or student of scripture would not affirm its validity.
Four is the number of humanity as a whole. There were four men in the Ark, four men in the fiery furnace, four on the mount of Transfiguration. The four points of the compass comprise the whole of humanity in all the earth.
Five is the number for grace – grace accepted or grace rejected. There are five wise and foolish virgins.
The number six is the number for evil. A man with six toes and six fingers is called a wicked man in the Bible. Nebuchadnezzra’s image was sixty feet high and six feet in circumference and six musical instruments called the people to worship. The number for the Anti-Christ is six hundred sixty-six. This is set forth the trinity of evil, the climax of wickedness, and the culmination of iniquity. There can not be anything worse than 666.
Seven is the number for perfection. This number is frequently mentioned in scripture: seven churches, seven stars, seven heads, seven horns, seven eyes, seven Spirits of god, the seven branches of the candlestick.
In Judges, the seventh book of the Bible, there are seven departures from God; seven times the people repented and seven times Jehovah delivered his people from their enemies.
Eight is the number for that which is New. There are eight beatitudes which set forth something entirely new. Everything good in this sinful world owes its presence and existence to the Word of God. The resurrection of Christ and of many of the saints took place on the eighth day. Here indeed and in truth was something new.
Ten is the number of completeness. Jacob’s wages were changed ten times, which sets forth complete disappointment outside the will of God and his Promised Land. Eliezer, the servant, took ten camels with him when he started from home in order to obtain a bride for Isaac. God gave his people Ten Commandments. Daniel and his three friends were proved ten days and at the end of the test were ten times better than the others. Christ gave the parable of the ten pounds and ten talents. Christ healed ten lepers. The dragon of Daniel and Revelation had ten horns, which represent ten kings. The tenth or the tithe is the Lord’s.
The largest church in this country according to its doctrine on sainthood has only one saint born in America, Elizabeth Seton.
C. She was decreed to be a saint in December 1974, accepted by the rite of saint-hood september 14, 1975.
D. the process:
1. She was first suggested for sainthood by a famous author.
2. This was followed by 17 years of close scrutiny of her writings.
3. 11 years of confirmation study by the vatican followed.
4. In 1936 the Sacred Congregation of Rites decided the way was now clear to proceed with the cause.
5. In 1940 Pope Pius XII made a formal announcement for formal initiation of her cause.
6. In 1957 (136 years after her death) the Sacred Congregation found her to be of "Heroic virtue."
7. Two verifiable miracles from her life time had to be found.
8. However after years of research, officials were able to produce a testimony from a sick construction worker who prayed to her in 1963 (142 years after her death) and was healed of meningitis of the brain.
9. Se was finally canonized 154 years after her death.
Charles Spurgeon the great English Victorian preacher wrote of the death of Richard Baxter, the great Puritan preacher. Baxter lay dying. Some friends came to see him. They asked him what we all asked at times like that, “How are you doing?” Baxter was weak and obviously near death. But with great effort he answered. “I am almost well,.” He said. Spurgeon explains, “Death cures; it is the best medicine, for they who die are not only almost well, but healed forever. You will see, then, that the statement of our text implies that the aspect of death is altogether altered from that appearance in which men commonly behold it. Death to the saints is not a penalty, it is not destruction, it is not even a loss.”
David Wilkerson's founder of Teen Challenge states from his book Sipping Saints:
1. Drinking is the world's most staggering problem. We face the horrible statistics of more than a million young Americans becoming alcoholics. Six million of their parents are already there. We have become a sodden society, unable to cope with life without another drink or two. Drunkenness is spreading in our schools like a wildfire out of control. Kids tell me as 80 percent of their classmates drink; many of them get stone drunk. I've been helping drug addicts and alcoholics for many years, but this drinking rage sweeping our nation frightens me. Young people drink because they think alcohol won't waste them as drugs do! Booze is now preferred "Liquid pot." Everywhere teenagers are getting stoned. They say, "No cops, no parents, no politicians can hassle us now because they are all doing it, too. We finally found a kick that won't put us behind bars!" (page 13).
2. The common theme here in Titus is making sure that the older teach the younger how to live in accordance with sound doctrine- Healthy teachings.
a. Wilkerson notes, "Why do kids drink? Recently one of my students, a converted alcoholic, told me how she became a drunkard. Her Christian parents taught her how to drink moderately. At parties, birthdays, and when company came, everybody took a social drink. It was served at meals. She admired and loved her parents whcih led to drinking in clubs. Finally, when problems began to pile up, she began to lean heavily on alcohol. She ended up in a mental institution-a-hard-core alcoholic¡¨ (15)
b. And it all started with that first drink in her parents home. Truth is no one sets out to be an alcoholic but it starts with the first drink.
3. Historical background on wine in the Bible days:
a. It was used as the common drink because the water supply was no the best. Fermented drink was considered safer to drink.
b. But the natural fermentation process was 14%
i. Kinney notes, "Nature alone cannot produce stronger stuff than 14% alcohol. Fermentation is a combustive action of yeasts on plants: potatoes, fruit, grain, etc. The sugar is exposed to wild yeasts in the air or commercial yeasts, which produce an enzyme, which in turn converts sugar to alcohol. Fermentative yeast cannot survive in solutions stronger than 14% alcohol. When that level is reached, the yeast, which is a living thing , ceases to produce and dies." (4).
ii. In the tenth century Arabian physician, Phazes discovered distilled spirits. He was looking for "The Spirit of the wine¡" so as to release it's power into those who drank it. When his process worked it was called "The True Water of Life," The name alcohol is derived from alghul which means "The Evil Spirit- Ghost."
iii. The distilling process has continued since this time to were today alcohol content in some drinks is at 93%.
iv. Health note on alcohol: It is a liquid drug which causes side affects some have called it "delightful poison," which is accurate it is a poison.
a. Is a stomach irritant that can impede or stop digestion.
b. It over time affects the Kidneys to where it can shut down the pituitary gland below the neck which regulates your urine. Alcohol can cause this to misfire and it can produce large amoun...
A Contrast of the Rapture and Glorious Appearing of Christ
The Rapture of the Church The Glorious Appearing or Revelation
1. Christ comes for believers in the air. 1. Christ comes with believers to the earth.
2. All Christians on Earth are translated into new bodies. 2. There is no translation of bodies.
3. Christians are taken to the Father’s house in heaven. 3. Resurrected Saints remain on the earth.
4. There is no judgment upon the earth 4. Christ judges the inhabitants of the earth.
Jehovah's Witnesses and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) reported the largest membership increases in a year, according to the National Council of Churches' 2008 Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches. Although Jehovah's Witnesses currently rank 25th in size with over 1.06 million members, they reported a 2.25% increase since the publication of the 2007 Yearbook. The Mormon church grew 1.56% and is listed by the NCC as the 4th largest "church." Others among the top 25 largest churches reporting increases include The Catholic Church at 0.87%; Southern Baptist Convention (0.22%); African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church (0.21%); and the Assemblies of God (0.19%). The greatest membership losses were reported by The Episcopal Church (4.15%) and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A) (2.36%). Both are currently wracked by theological differences and the issue of homosexuality. American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America were also hit with large losses (1.82% and 1.58%). The United Methodists saw a 0.99% decrease but remains the 3rd largest U.S. church body with nearly 8 million members. (Christian Post 2/20/08)
By now, I’m sure most of you know the subject of polygamy or plural marriages has resurfaced in the news. A Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints compound was recently raided by Federal officers over accusations of polygamy, child abuse, and teen pregnancies. And isn’t sad that for the 401 children removed from the West Texas polygamist compound, life as they know it – where even laughter was forbidden – is about to change drastically.
Now the victims of what state authorities suspect is the largest child abuse case in the nation’s history, these children are likely to face a myriad of psychological problems, including extreme phobias, identity issues and problems obeying authority figures, according to several cult experts. Through the proverbial turmoil these daunting questions come to mind. What future have these children been afforded? Will they ever have the opportunities SO many of us take for granted? What dreams that they Dared to Dream will actually reign true for them now?
American Beliefs Inconsistent: Most Americans are on a spiritual journey, but many seem to be without a map.
· 80% of Americans agree that an individual should arrive at his or her own religious beliefs independent of any church or synagogue.
· 1 in 3 Americans define spirituality without God or a higher authority.
· 84% of Americans believe that God performs miracles and 79% believe the miracles described in the Bible actually happened.
· Yet only 40% go to church regularly¾leaving 39% of the American population claiming they believe in the miracles of the Bible, but do not go to church.
· 43% of non-Christians and people of no religious faith have asked for God’s intervention at some time in their life.
· 67% of Americans say they have prayed for a miracle and 77% believe God or the saints heal sick people given no medical chance of survival.
· 63% say they k...
Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) reported the largest membership increases in a year, according to the National Council of Churches’ 2008 Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches. Although Jehovah’s Witnesses currently rank 25th in size with over 1.06 million members, they reported a 2.25% increase since the publication of the 2007 Yearbook. The Mormon church grew 1.56% and is listed by the NCC as the fourth largest "church." Others among the top 25 largest churches reporting increases include The Catholic Church at 0.87%; Southern Baptist Convention (0.22%); African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church (0.21%); and the Assemblies of God (0.19%). The greatest membership losses were reported by The Episcopal Church (4.15%) and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A) (2.36%). Both are currently wracked by theological differences and the issue of homosexuality. American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America were also hit with large losses (1.82% and 1.58%). The United Methodists saw a 0.99% decrease but remains the third largest U.S. church body with nearly eight million members.
(Source: Christian Post, 2/20/08)
Capitan Gerardo Balmori
La Televisión, Internet, Cine, video, etc. (Translation follows)
* La televisión describe un mundo donde existen diversos modos de vivir, nos “invita a escoger” el modo que mas nos acomode. En el programa “Friends” La familia se compone de varias parejas en unión libre y amigos que tienen aventuras sexuales semanales, mientras que en los años 50’s los programas y las películas se enfocaban a las familias estables y felices con valores morales muy elevados. (Nombremos algunos de ellos)
* El uso de la medicina actual, desvía nuestro modo santo de vivir, porque la promiscuidad sexual es presentada como un aspecto positivo, como la diversión en que todo el mundo participa. (A los niños se les dan condones para protegerse, pero se les invita a tener sexo antes del matrimonio. ¿Quien protege el corazón de una niña que tiene relaciones antes del tiempo que Dios ha destinado para ella? ¿Que tipo de esposo puede ser el joven que aprendió sexualidad por la pornografía? ¿Será capaz de amar a su esposa de acuerdo al plan de Dios?
La televisión y el Internet promueven la pornografía, que es una industria de miles de millones de dólares, destruyendo sistemáticamente nuestras familias y hogares. ¿Han visto los bikinis del programa de Don Francisco?
* El porcentaje de divorcio entre cristianos evangélicos y el mundo es casi el mismo, alrededor del 50 %.
* El 50 % de nuestros niños de 6-17 tiene una TV en sus cuartos. Los niños miran la TV un promedio de 1,680 minutos o 28 horas por semana. 6 de cada 10 niños viven solo con uno de sus padres.
* Hoy permitimos la entrada a cosas en nuestras casas que hace cinco o diez años nunca permitiríamos.
* TV, Internet, y hasta los juegos de vídeo toman parte en el ataque a nuestras familias.
* Los deportes, noticias y los espectáculos privan a la familia del precioso tiempo de estar juntos (Aislamiento).
* James Dobson dijo, " criar al niño es como hornear un pastel. Usted no se da cuenta del desastre hasta que es demasiado tarde. Proverbios 22:6 Instruye al niño en su camino, Y aun cuando fuere viejo no se apartará de él. Ahora que tengo su atención, le pregunto... ¿Hay un problema en SU FAMILIA?
Television, Internet, Movies, Video, etc.
* The TV describes a world where diverse ways of living, we are "invited to choose" the way most suits us. On "Friends" the family is made up of several unmarried couples and friends who have sexual affairs weekly, whereas in the 50s the programs and films focused on stable and happy families with very high moral values. (Name some of them)
* The use of modern medicine diverts our way of living as saints because sexual promiscuity is presented as a positive aspect, as fun when everyone participates. (Children are given condoms to protect themselves, but are invited to have sex before marriage. Who protects the heart of a girl who has sex before the time that God has destined for her? What kind of husband can be the young man who learned sexuality pornography? Can he love his wife according to God's plan?)
Television and the Internet promote pornography, which is an industry of billions of dollars, systematically destroying our families and homes. Have you seen the bikinis of the program Don Francisco?
* The divorce rate among evangelical Christians and the world is almost the same, about 50%.
* 50% of our children 6-17 have a TV in their rooms. Children watch TV an average of 1,680 minutes or 28 hours per week. 6 out of 10 children live with only one parent.
* Today we allow things in our homes that five or ten years ago we would never allow.
* TV, Internet and video games to take part in the attack on our families.
* Sports, Entertainment and news and deprive the family of precious time together (Isolation).
* James Dobson said, "Raising a child is like baking a cake. You do not realize the disaster until it is too late." Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Now that I have your attention, I wonder ... Is there a problem in your family?