Illustration results for Assurance
.V. McGee estimates that 75% of the members of the average church might not be genuinely saved.(religious club) Billy Graham states that 80% of those who make salvation decision in his crusades are already on a church roll somewhere.
How Long Things Last, Frank Kendig and Richard Hutton, 1979
· Experts estimate that if a normal cassette tape is played about 100 times a year, sound quality will deteriorate somewhat after about 10 years. But the tape itself will play on.
· A lightening bolt lasts 45 to 55 microseconds.
· The average running shoe worn by the average runner on an average surface will last 350 to 500 miles.
· A hard pencil can write up to 30,000 words or draw a line more than 30 miles long. Most ball-point pens will draw a line 4,000 to 7,500 feet long.
· Leather combat boots have a wartime life span of six months, a peacetime life span of eight months.
· The projected life span of a baby born in the U.S. today is about 71 years, nearly double what it was at the end of the 18th century. The longest authenticated life span of a human being is 113 years, 214 days. Studies show married people live longer than those who remain single.
· A group of subatomic particles known as unstable hadrons exists for only one one-hundred-sextillionth of a second (10 to the negative 23 second)—less time than it takes light to travel a single inch.
· A 100-watt incandescent bulb will last about 750 hours; a 25-watt bulb, 2,500 hours. The number of times a light bulb is turned on and off has little to do with its life-span.
· A one-dollar bill lasts approximately 18 months in circulation.
· Practice footballs used by professionals last two to three days—a playing life of perhaps five hours. Home teams are required to provide 24 new balls each game and these last only about six minutes of playing time.
Protestants are more than twice as likely as Catholics to be born again Christians (57% vs. 22%). (Foster Letter 4/15/01)
In fact, I want to take a look for a moment at an interesting chain of events in Christian history.
• Sunday School teacher Edward Kimball helped lead Dwight L. Moody to Christ;
• J. Wilbur Chapman attended a Dwight L. Moody evangelistic meeting in Chicago in the 1870’s and received personal counseling and an assurance of his salvation from Mr. Moody. He later became a friend and coworker of DL Moody, hiring a former baseball star named Billy Sunday as an advance man for him;
• Billy Sunday held an evangelistic campaign in Charlotte in 1924 and a men’s prayer and fellowship group, originally known as the Billy Sunday Layman’s Evangelistic Club and later renamed as Charlotte Businessmen’s Club (CBMC), grew out of those meetings It was this group that invited Mordecai Ham to Charlotte to hold evangelistic meetings in 1934;
• Mordecai Ham preached a sermon where a 16 year-old young man now known as Billy Graham went forward and received Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior;
• And, Billy Graham has preache...
Non-Christian Narnia: The C.S. Lewis estate and its publishers have started shaping a marketing makeover of Aslan and assorted Narnian habitués to expand readership and extend the brand. Most striking of all, they have developed a discreet strategy to avoid direct links to the Christian imagery and theology that suffused the Narnia novels and inspired Lewis. "They’re turning Narnia into a British version of Mickey Mouse," said John G. West, co-editor of The C. S. Lewis Readers Encyclopedia and an associate professor of political science at Seattle Pacific University. " The publishing strategy surfaced in a HarperCollins memo. "Obviously this is the biggie as far as the estate and our publishing interests are concerned," wrote an executive from HarperSanFranciso. "We’ll need to be able to give emphatic assurances that no attempt will be made to correlate the stories to Christian imagery/theology." (New York times 6/3/01)
• This perversion hit close to home this last week. My Uncle who I was told was a Mason died this week.
• With close to 34,000 lodges around the globe and a membership numbering upwards of 6 million, it is obvious why the Encyclopedia Britannica would dub Freemasonry as the largest world-wide secret society.
• You wont have to go far to find a car plague or license plate, or lodge.
There are many reasons why Freemasonry is a false religion:
1. Freemasonry prays to a false god.
Freemasonry calls God “The Great Architect of the Universe.” This is the Freemason’s special name for God, because He is universal. He belongs to all men regardless of their religious persuasion. All wise men acknowledge His authority. In his private devotions a Mason will pray to Jehovah, Mohammed, Allah, Jesus, or the Deity of his choice. In a Masonic Lodge, however, the Mason will find the name of his Deity within the Great Architect of the Universe.
Allen E. Roberts, The Craft and Its Symbols: Opening the Door to Masonic Symbolism (Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Co., 1974)
2. Freemasonry claims its teachings are superior to the Bible.
From the Encyclopedia of Masonry in the Scottish Rite Cathedral in Dallas: “The Bible is properly called a greater light of Masonry…The Bible is used among Masons as symbol of the will of God, however it may be expressed, and therefore, whatever to any people expresses that will, may be used as a substitute for the Bible in the Masonic Lodge. Thus, in a lodge consisting entirely of Jews the Old Testament alone may be placed upon the altar, and Turkish Masons make use of the Koran.
3. Freemasonry claims their teachings are revelatory light, (a revelation from God.)
But the Bible clearly states that Jesus Christ is the light of the world. There is no other light.
4. Freemasonry teaches a way to heaven void of Jesus
Acts 4:11-12 “This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
1 Corinthians 3:11 “For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
5. Freemasonry teachings are opposite of Jesus’.
Opposite the Great commission (Secrets as opposed to “preach”)
Opposite of loving one another (secrets are to be kept from ALL non-masons, including spouse.)
6. Masons take blasphemous oaths (Lodges Examined, Rice / Page 21)
To keep the secret teachings hidden (against their own lives)
Commit to breaking the law to hide each others crimes.
Matthew 12:36-37 “But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
Some may say, “It just a club that does good things for people.”
“The Mason who wears the Masonic “white lambskin apron” given to him during the first degree is “reminded of that purity of life and conduct so essentially necessary to his gaining admission into the Celestial Lodge above, where the Supreme Architect of the Universe presides.”
Official Cipher [ritual] (Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts, 1989), 34.
Mason Carl Claudy, “Freemasonry gives to a man a well-spent life, and assurance of a glorious immortality.”
Colossians 1:16-20 “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell; 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.”
Jesus will set you free / But you must break ties from false religion / (Lodges Examined, Rice / Page 79)
PSALM 1 AND GAMBLING
If you go to the casino to find fulfillment and play craps, you’ll find when the dice are rolled, there are a possibility of 64 combinations for which you desire the outcome to be a 7 or 11 or snake eyes, depending on how you’ve placed your bets.
The roulette wheel gives gamblers odds from even money to 35 to 1 depending on how players want to place their bets.
But when it comes to life, and life everlasting, gambling becomes very high stakes.
Lady luck is totally eliminated.
That’s the good news.
That’s the promise.
Here in Psalm one, we learn about one man who is righteous and good by God’s standards and judgment and what the outcome of his life will be...it will prosper.
Here in Psalm one, we also learn about the opposite…the man who is not righteous or good by God’s standards and judgment, and what the outcome of his life will be...it will perish.
Differing Teen Personalities: Researcher George Barna says American teens fall into four personality niches. Nearly half are Interactives—highly personable and develop their lifestyle according to relational possibilities and parameters. They operates with a stream of consciousness approach to problem solving yet remain sensitive to the needs and feelings of those with whom they have contact. About 25% are Dynamos—aggressive, focused, driven individuals who are effective at problem solving and are above-average producers. However, their relentless energy, competitiveness and self-assurance can irritate some. Roughly 20% are Stabilizers—loyal, thorough and predictable, yet at times criticized for their rigidity and lack of creativity. The remaining 10% are Evaluators—detail-oriented individuals who are continually assessing situations and people, and they insist on accuracy and completeness. As perfectionists they place lofty demands upon themselves and others plus have an aversion to taking risks. This reflects a significant increase in the Interactives, and a sharp decline in the Evaluators that will ultimately impa...
Have you ever noticed how many Hispanic last names end in -ez? Have you ever wondered why that is? In Old Spanish, -ez meant "son of." Therefore Gonzalo’s son would be called Gonzalez, Domingo’s son would be called Dominguez, etc. And almost every language has the same thing. For the Armenians, it’s the names that end in -ian. The Poles use -ski. For the Irish, it’s the names that begin in O-; the Scots use Mc-. It’s easier to see in modern day English, with Johnson, Williamson and Robertson. The point is ...