Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
This is where it is finally won or lost, any doctor will tell you, “within.” How many times the words “hang on” have been used!
When the French surrendered to General Giap and the Vietnamese at Dien Phen Phu, the long line of survivors were led on foot toward Hanoi. A French army surgeion among the prisoners realized that his appendix was in trouble. What would he do?
Existence can reduce itself to one line ---“To be or not to be, that is the question.” The doctor arrived at the moment of truth. Would he go on or would he give up? He took the only instrument he had, a razor blade, and made the incision upon himself. He skillfully removed the offending organ. He sewed the wound with the only available thread, taken from his army uniform.
The doctor made it to Hanoi. Later he was released in an exchange of prisoners. He returned to Paris to practice medicine there.
So many have said, “What is the use? I might as well give up and die. This is the end of the line for me.” But there is the person, like the woman of our text, who says within herself “I”LL MAKE IT!!!!1
I. A FATHER’S ACTIONS
A. A concerned father brought his son to Jesus. The boys
convulsions were pitiful.
22The evil spirit often makes him fall into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us. Do something if you can.” Mark 9:22
1. The heart of Jesus must have been touched by this beleaguered parent. It could never be a question of whether or not Jesus could heal. That was not open to debate. The resilience, the intestinal fortitude, of the father was.
Verse 23 tells us: 23Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all ALL THINGS s are possible to him who believes.”
2. Until I resolve to go all the way, I stay the resources of another world.
B. It was up to that Father! Would he quit? When he chose
“Possibility,” and with utter honesty appealed to Divinity to
shield him against the attack of doubt, “
1. “LORD, I BELIEVE; HELP MY UNBELIEF.” Heaven came to his
aid. You have to go on when it seems impossible.
II. PETER’S CHOICE
A. Peter had to make this choice in his evangelism.
1. Dorcas, an admirable sister in the Lord , was dead “…and
all the widows stood by him weeping, and showings
the coats and garments which dorcas made…but Peter put
them all out…”
2. He had to refuse to consider anything that could drag and
drain triumphant faith. The need was to accentuate the
B. He (PETER) “…kneeled down (not facing the corpse but facing the
Risen One), and prayed; AND (THEN) TURNING HIM TO THE
BODY SAID…” (Acts 9:36-40) He drew strength from the
1. There is Life beyond the casket.
Jesus had appeared to him. There was that gut-experience, “I
know,” that became the authority in the apostle, “TABITHA
LOOK IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
3.Had he prayed toward the the corpse, his faith would have diminished.
a.Like Daniel, he looked
- All Sermons on Confidence
- Text Illustrations on Confidence
- Video Illustrations on Confidence
- PowerPoint Template on Confidence
- Scripture on Confidence
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Mark 5:25-5:29
- All sermons from Donnie De loney
- Sermons on Made up mind
- Sermons on Faith
Join the discussion