Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
This is part #1
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr, Kyfingers@aol.com
1. Waiting and Patience -- the dirty words? ; 2. Habakkukís Waiting Room; 3. Danger of waiting and spiritual rust; 4. The five levels of waiting; 5. Waiting with Joy and gladness 6. Long waits and sudden answers; 7. TEPID WAITING; 8. Waiting with a fire in my bones!
1. PAUL HAD MANY GOOD INSTINCTS, BUT SOME LESSONS WERE LEARNED...
Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want; for I have learned,in whatsoever state I am, there with to be content!
2. PAUL LEARNED BY THORNS?
Paul had some kind of thorn in the flesh? We do
not know what Paulís thorn was? We donít need to
The lesson is not the cause and identity of thorns,
but what to do when thorns seem to infest and hurt.
He prayed for it to be removed... at least three
serious earnest seasons of prayer for removal....
2 Corththians 12:8 For this thing I besought the
Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9. And Jesus said unto me: MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT
FOR THEE; FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT
IN WEAKNESS. Most gladly therefore will I rather
glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ
may rest upon me.
PAUL LEARNED TO MAKE THE BEST OUT OF BAD SITUATIONS.
Sometimes the worse thing that can ever
happen to us, could be the best thing that ever
3. THERE ARE SOME POWERFUL LESSONS TO LEARN, AND WAITING AND PATIENCE IS ONE OF THOSE
Isaiah 40: 31 They THAT WAIT UPON THE LORD...
4. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INSTINCT AND LEARN?
NATURAL OR INHERENT APTITUDE, IMPULSE, OR CAPACITY.
A largely inheritable trait. Natural talent.
No one ever took a baby to class to learn how to
breathe, suck, to have a bowel movement, this is
just natural behavior.
No one ever sent a BEE to flying school? He just
No one ever taught the bee how to make honey? It is
a natural instinct and if a bee has the opportunity,
it will make honey.
To gain knowledge, skill, or understanding by STUDY,
INSTRUCTION, OR EXPERIENCE. ---
memorize --- to come to realize or to know.
Years ago we had a friend that was a super skilled
musician. They had purchased an ACCORDION, at a yard
The man learned how to play the accordion very
skillfully. He had never seen an accordion played.
He learned to play the instrument upside down,
backwards. He never knew any better for several
By the time he learned his mistake, he was so
skilled at playing the accordion upside down, he
just continued to play
the instrument upside-down and backwards.
A good teacher would have started the student with a
lesson on the correct pattern.
5. IT CAN BE VERY HARD TO UNLEARN SOMETHING!
I taught school in Virginia, the sixth and seventh
I had a very sweet girl named April Witt. In English
we had worked all year on the words: learn and
I taught them --- no one could learn for another, if
someone instructed you --- they taught you.
I had covered this many times in the school year.
The last day of school, I had the students write me
a personal note about the year. They could write
anything they wanted to.
Aprilís paper started like
- Growth in Christ
- All Sermons on Growth in Christ
- Text Illustrations on Growth in Christ
- Video Illustrations on Growth in Christ
- PowerPoint Template on Growth in Christ
- Scripture on Growth in Christ
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Isaiah|2 Corinthians 40|12:31|8-40|12:31|9
- All sermons from Wade Hughes, Sr
Join the discussion