A pastor according to God's own heart
Sermon shared by Charles Mccall
Summary: A God sent pastor is a pastor who is according to Godís own heart.
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
Jeremiah 3 :12-15
Topic: A pastor according to Godís heart
A question is being asked: What is a pastor according to Godís heart?
Well, before we try to answer that question, letís take the time out and define what a pastor is. Well according to the dictionary, pastor is a noun and it is defined as a Christian minister or a priest who is a leader of a congregation. But according to the word of God, a pastor is a shepherd, a under shepherd who leads Godís people, which is the church. The pastor is one who oversees, he leads, he guides, he protects, he teaches, he trains, he counsels, he preaches to, he prays with and for it, and He feeds the church with spiritual food which is the Word of God.
In Jeremiah 3:15, the Lord says, And I will give you pastors according to my heart, which will feed you with knowledge and understanding.Ē The knowledge and understanding that the pastors are to feed us with is the Word of God. Acts 20:28 says, ďTake heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock over which the Holy Spirit hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which the he hath purchased with his own blood.Ē
Yes, the pastor is to feed the church through preaching and teaching the Word of God. But yet a question is still being asked: What is a pastor according to Godís heart? Now, the key phrase is pastors according to Godís heart. And it is important to know what is a pastor according to Godís heart because there are a lot of people who call themselves pastors, but they are not pastors according to Godís heart. So the question is, what is a pastor according to Godís heart?
Well, a pastor according to Godís heart is someone who is:
1. Called by God. 2nd Timothy 1:8-8 says, ďBe not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; who saved us, and called us with a an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the world began.Ē
2. Chosen by God. John 15:16 says, ďYe have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name; he may give it you.
3. Annointed and Appointed by God. Acts 20:28 says, ďTake heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.Ē
4. Sent by God. Romans 10:13-15 says, ďFor whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach except they be sent? As it is written , How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things.Ē
5. Given to the church by God. Ephesians 4:11-13 says, ďAnd he gave some apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion