A pastor according to God's own heart
Sermon shared by Charles Mccall
Summary: A God sent pastor is a pastor who is according to God’s own heart.
Audience: Believer adults
7. A man of prayer, not just for himself, but for his family, and for the church.. Matthew 26:41 says to “Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation; the spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak.”
8. A man who studies the Word of God that he may present Jesus Christ in his preaching and teaching as the central theme of the gospel message, and that his preaching and his teaching will be considered sound doctrine. 2nd Timothy 2:15 say, “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman neededeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth.”
9. A man who patterns his life after the life of Jesus Christ so he may be example of Jesus Christ before his congregation. 1 Peter 5:1-3 says, The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed; Feed the flock of God; which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
10. A man who rules and leads well, not just in the church house, but also in his own house.. I Timothy 5:17 says, “Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.”
11. A man who loves God and who loves God’s people. A I Peter 1:22 says, Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto the feigned love of the brethern, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.”
12. A man who cares for people.
A man who is patient with people.
A man who is kind and gentle with people.
A man who is humble.
A man who is unselfish.
A man who is peaceable.
A man who has the joy of the Lord as his strength.
A man who loves praising and worshipping God and leading his people to worship God.
A man who is willing and loves to serve God.
A man who loves working with the youth as well as the senior citizens.
A man who loves ministering to singles, as well as the married couples.
A man who ministers to those in prisons as well as those in the hospitals.
A man who believes in doing the right thing and being holy.
A man who is courageous and strong in the Lord.
A man who will stand up for righteousness, and speak out against sin.
A man who is honest and truthful.
A man who doesn’t sleep with every woman in town, or steal money from the church.
A man with a vision from the Lord. Proverbs 29:18 says, Where there is no vision, the people perish; but he thay keepeth the law, happy is he.”
13. Last but not least, a man who is born again. John 3:3 says, “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” To be born again, you must be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Last but not least, it must be understood that a pastor according to God’s heart is not a perfect pastor. King David was a man who was after God’s heart, but he was not perfect. But yet God used him mightily to be one of the most powerful kings of Israel, and God used him to write most of the Book of Psalms that we have in out bibles today. And like wise pastors who are according to God’s heart are not perfect, but God uses them
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion