Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Into: Nine things you will never hear dad say:
1. Well, how íbout that? Iím lost! Looks like weíll have to stop and ask for directions.
2. You know Pumpkin, now that youíre thirteen, youíll be ready for unchaperoned car dates. Wonít that be fun?
3. I noticed that all your friends have a certain hostile attitude. I like that.
4. Hereís a credit card and the keys to my new car. GO CRAZY!!
5. What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skatingís not good enough for you, son?
6. Your mother and I are going away for the weekend. You might want to consider throwing a party.
7. Well, I donít know whatís wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies--ya know--that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he asks.
8. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring. Now quit your belly-aching, and letís go to the mall.
9. Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend. (Brian Mavis--SermonCentral.com)
Your Heart Needs a Father:
Rom 8:15-17 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are Godís children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Through a dramatic series of events, we go from condemned orphans with no hope to adopted children with no fear. Because of His of justice He cannot dismiss your sin, but because of His love He cannot dismiss you.
People donít adopt children so they will get more money or have more sleep. Adoptive parents donít adopt children because of what they have, but because of what they need. They need a home. If we canít earn our adoption through good works, can we loose it through a bad performance?
Prodigal: One who is given to wasteful luxury or extravagance.
What kind of Father do we have? Luke 15:11-24
1. A Father who gives us a free will. (v. 11-13)
a). Even when our choices hurt us, God lets us make them anyway. The prodigal son wasnít ready for his share of the inheritance. But the father gave it to him anyway. The son cared more for the things of this world than he did for his father. He had a lack of respect and appreciation for his father.
Ex 20:12"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
b). Not only does He let us make bad choices; He will also let us go our own way. V.13 Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country. Our selfish desire will blind us to Godís will is for our lives because we are too focused on self to see Godís best for us. God knows the best way for our life, but He allows us to make the choice of His way, or our way.
Illustration: When I was seven years old I decided I would strike out on my own. My father would take me to the local candy store on a regular bases. When I was seven years old he got too busy with farming and wasnít able to take for a while. So I dicided that I would strike out on my own and go to the candy store on my bicycle. I soon found
- Father's Day
- All Sermons on Father's Day
- Text Illustrations on Father's Day
- Video Illustrations on Father's Day
- PowerPoint Template on Father's Day
- Scripture on Father's Day
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Luke|Romans 15|8:11|15-15|8:24|17
- All sermons from David Yarbrough
Join the discussion