Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
1. At the heart of the issue is marriage.
A. God wants sex kept sacred, because marriage is sacred to God.
B. In a woman’s magazine, an article “Reasons to commit adultery.”
1. Adultery is exciting. If your life is dull…
2. Adultery makes you a well rounded person. A wide range of experiences. Improve technique, etc.
3. Adultery is fun.
C. In order to have a decent society, we agree that “You shall not kill,” You shall not steal,” etc.
D. But when we start talking about sexual values, the culture says, “Wait a second. That’s not public concern. That is a private issue.”
E. At the building block of a family is a marriage. The cement that keeps a marriage couple together is their differences. God made us different physically and socially for a reason. We need each other. However, when we go outside the marriage to explore those differences, it breaks down the family. IF we are concerned about the family, we must be concerned about marriage.
F. Stable marriages support a stable, healthy society. Unstable marriages give rise to a unstable, unhealthy society. Many of the problems we see today are caused by a breakdown in the marriage union.
G. Why does God forbid adultery? Not because he is denying us a chance to have some fun, but because he wants us to have happy families and happy lives, safe societies and safe families. Without good marriages none of this is possible.
H. The permance of marriage.
1. More than procreation. We are different. Praise God!
2. Together, one mate, for life.
3. Marriages work because two people realize that it is for a lifetime. They invest in each other.
4. Studies have proved time and time again in every area that those who have good marriages have better lives.
5. (Mal 2:14 NIV) You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.
6. When God is Lord of our lives, He is also Lord of our marriage. When things get difficult, do we just say Bye Bye Lord.
7. Commit to each other from this day forward.
8. Get up before God and friends and family and say that you will be committed to each other. How good is your word?
I. Intimacy of marriage.
1. Sex involves sharing more than just one flesh. Sharing of life. Sex shares your body plus so much more.
2. One flesh, however, it also implies oneness in other areas. Things are going well in a marriage when the couple feels as one in many areas.
3. This is why sex is not encouraged before marriage. Hard to break up with someone whom you are attached physically but have no other attachments. Any two of opposite sexes can have this one but the others are more difficult.
2. What is adultery?
A. Physical adultery. This breaks faith with marriage partner. (Heb 13:4 NIV) Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Good verse, often use it when talking with those who do not agree.
B. Mental adultery. (Mat 5:27 NIV) "You have heard that it was said, ’Do not commit adultery.’(Mat 5:28 NIV) But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Commandments: Adultery
- All Sermons on Commandments: Adultery
- Text Illustrations on Commandments: Adultery
- Video Illustrations on Commandments: Adultery
- PowerPoint Template on Commandments: Adultery
- Scripture on Commandments: Adultery
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Exodus|Deuteronomy 20|5:14|18-20|5:14|18
- All sermons from Davon Huss
Join the discussion