Check Your Attitude At The Door
Sermon shared by Jeff Budzinski
Summary: This week I want us to examine our attitude. Our attitude is a key factor to having success in our life. As Christians, we must live with the expectation that God is going to do something good for me today. God wants to bless us; however we must have an
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
· Last week we discussed the Holy Spirit in you. The Holy Spirit comes upon us when we give ourselves to Jesus and become a Believer.
· We feed the Holy Spirit by spending time in the Word of God, prayer and in fellowship. He is our guide that leads us to complete the will of God in our life.
· This week I want us to examine our attitude. Our attitude is a key factor to having success in our life.
· As Christians, we must live with the expectation that God is going to do something good for me today.
· God wants to bless us; however we must have an attitude of gratitude.
· Maintaining a positive attitude positions us to receive the blessing of God in our life.
· Let us look to the scriptures to get more insight on our attitude.
A. The stronger our relationship with God will determine the quality and quantity of relationships we have on earth.
1. Jesus came so that we could have an abundant life.
(NKJV) John 10 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
a. God desires for us to have an abundance of strong relationships on this earth. These relationships are “connections” to others that will help you grow in your walk with God.
b. God has placed people in our lives for a reason. Our attitude will determine how that relationship grows.
2. The stronger our relationship with God, the more He will entrust to you as a Believer.
3. Your life is to be a witness to other people.
a. The joy of living an abundant life will begin to spill over into other people’s lives. It is contagious!
b. Your life should impact others, just like God has impacted your life.
4. Look beyond your circumstances, and see yourself living life to the fullest.
B. A good attitude is a key to having a good life.
1. Attitude: a manner of thinking, feeling or acting that shows one’s opinion.
a. Your attitude can be good or it can send very negative or strong messages to everyone around you.
b. People with bad attitudes are usually unhappy.
2. Your relationship with God will determine the type of life you live.
3. Satan wants to rob your joy. However, he can’t rob your joy unless you give it to him.
4. Your attitude will be tested.
(AMP) 2 Corinthians 2 9For this was my purpose in writing you, to test your attitude and see if you would stand the test, whether you are obedient and altogether agreeable [to following my orders] in everything.
5. The bad attitude of the children of Israel prevented them from experiencing the good life.
(NKJV) Numbers 13 26 Now they departed and came back to Moses and Aaron and all the congregation of the children of Israel in the Wilderness of Paran, at Kadesh; they brought back word to them and to all the congregation, and showed them the fruit of the land. 27 Then they told him, and said: “We went to the land where you sent us. It truly flows with milk and honey, and this is its fruit. 28 Nevertheless the people who dwell in the land are strong; the cities are fortified and very large; moreover we saw the descendants of Anak there. 29 The Amalekites dwell in the land of the South; the Hittites, the Jebusites, and the Amorites dwell in the mountains; and the Canaanites dwell by the sea and along the banks of the
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion