I. The Offence
A. Our Rights have been Denied – that is, until we realize that we don’t have any rights!
· 1 Corinthians 6: 19, 20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
· For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
· 1 Corinthians 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
B. Our Reputation has been Damaged – Let God worry about it
· Psalms 59:1 Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
· Psalms 20:1 The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
· Psalms 7:10 My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
· Psalms 31:2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
· Psalms 59:9 Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
II. The Overcoming
A. Realize that vengeance belongs to God
· Psalms 94:1 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
· Psalms 149:7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
· Micah 5:15 And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
B. Remembering that God sees it all
· Psalms 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
· 2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
· Proverbs 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.
· 1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
C. Remember that you have been forgiven
· Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
· Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
· Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
· Matt. 18:21,22 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
· Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
D. Repay good for evil
· Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.
· Proverbs 26:27 Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.
· Ecclesiastes 10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
· 2 Timothy 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: