Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel (NKJ)
Isa 9:6-7 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (NKJ)
Matt 1:20-23 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, ""Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins. So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,’’ which is translated, ""God with us.’’ (NKJ)
The idea of giving gifts was not started by advertisers, they just distorted it for their own gain!
(Illus. “Tickle me Elmo” Walmart employee hospitalized after being stampeded by 300 people opening the door.)
OUR QUESTI0N: DOES GOD REALLY LOVE ME?
God answered our question before we asked it. So we’d see his answer, He lit the sky with a star. So we’d hear it, He filled the night with a choir; and so we’d believe it, He did what no man had ever dreamed. He became flesh and dwelt among us.
Jesus’ birth was announced by prophets, angels, Wise men, Shepherds, Priests and God Himself!
Seven possibilities because of Jesus’ birth:
1- Jesus Makes It Possible to Comprehend GOD.
• John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (NKJ)
• John 14:8-9 Philip said to Him, ""Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.’’ Jesus said to him, ""Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, "Show us the Father’? (NKJ)
2- An Atonement for SIN is Available to All Men.
• Col 1:19-22 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight-- (NKJ)
• Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying: ""You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, (NKJ)
3- God by Participation Identifies With ME.
• Heb 2:11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren (NKJ)
• Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest
- All Sermons on Christmas
- Text Illustrations on Christmas
- Video Illustrations on Christmas
- PowerPoint Template on Christmas
- Scripture on Christmas
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to Isaiah|Isaiah 7|9:14|6-7|9:14|7
- All sermons from Dr. C. David White
Join the discussion