Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Text: Genesis 7:1-7
Title: Come Into the Ark (Message 1 in Bible Invitation Series)
Date: January 12, 2003
Introduction: This morning I am beginning a series of message that will last about 12 weeks on the subject of Bible Invitations. The only way that a person can come to God is for God to call that person to Himself. Godís call to people is found throughout the Bible. They are invitations of love. God calls people to "come to Him" because He loves mankind and desires the very best for them.
The first invitation that I find in the Bible is in our text. The flood was about to begin. Because of wickedness God was about to destroy the world. Man had strayed so far from God that He could no longer tolerate their sin, and He decided to wipe out the world and everything in it that would not repent and come to Him.
God gave the people every opportunity to repent and return to His ways. He commissioned Noah to preach and call them to repentance, but not one person other than Noahís family was found righteous by God. So, we see in verse number 1 of our text that God issues a final invitation before the flood, as He said to Noahís family, "Come thou and all thy house into the ark."
As we look at this invitation we see that it embodies the characteristics that we will see as we look at many of Godís invitations to people through out the Bible. Lets look together at the first of many invitations.
I IT IS AN INVITATION TO SURVIVE GODíS WRATH
A. The wickedness of Noahís time. (5)
1. Wicked in their thoughts
2. Wicked in their moral decisions
3. Wicked in their treatment of one another
B. The judgment that follows wickedness. (7)
1. God always judges wickedness
2. Godís judgment is always laid out before hand
3. Godís judgment is always consistent with what He has said.
C. Godís Grace is offered before judgment.
1. Grace was offered to man prior to the flood
2. Grace is still offered to sinful people
3. Grace is the undeserved favor of God
II IT IS AN INVITATION TO TAKE A STEP OF FAITH
A. Noah is invited to come into the ark.
1. This demanded a step of faith
2. The ark had been built by faith
3. The going in must be by faith
B. Noahís salvation was by grace through faith
1. Now salvation is by grace through faith
2. Noah was saved from the wrath of God
3. Now we are saved from Godís wrath that is to come
III IT IS AN INVITATION TO AN ENTIRE FAMILY
A. God said, "and all thy house."
B. God wants entire families to be saved (Acts 16:30-31)
C. God expects us to lead our families to Christ
Conclusion: God said to Noah and His family, "come thou and all thy house into the ark." Godís wrath was about to be poured out through the great flood, and He issued an invitation to be saved from that wrath. Noah and his family responded to that invitation by faith and entered the ark and were the only people saved during the flood.
The Bible makes it very plain there is coming soon another day of Godís wrath that will make the flood seem like a Sunday School picnic in comparison. God has told us that He will take His children out of this world before that wrath comes in the form of the Great Tribulation. Yet He makes it abundantly clear that it will only be His children that are saved from that wrath to come. You see Jesus is our ark. He is the ark of safety
- Evangelism: How To
- All Sermons on Evangelism: How To
- Text Illustrations on Evangelism: How To
- Video Illustrations on Evangelism: How To
- PowerPoint Template on Evangelism: How To
- Scripture on Evangelism: How To
Join the discussion