Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
* Communion is a great way of declaring the power of Christís death, burial and resurrection. (I Cor. 5:7)
* Christ gave his life to be a substitutionary payment for our sins for all those believing in His free gift.
* Christ gave Himself to be a ransom for us all. Christ alone is the one who paid the penalty for all of mankindís past, present and future sins.
* Christís sacrifice is sufficient to eradicate all of our guilt, shame, and judgment allowing everyone who receives Him by faith to escape the fires of hell and enjoy the bliss of heaven.
* Communion is a way that we declare that Christís sacrifice makes us justified and righteous in Him
* Christ obeyed His Father in willingly going all the way to Calvary to make us righteous before God . Are we willing to deny ourselves, take up our cross daily and follow Him as He gave everything for us?
* Christ allowed Himself to become shamed before everyone so that we might enjoy justification by faith. Are we willing to bear the abuse and criticism that often comes as a result of speaking of Jesus?
* Christ proved His love for us in that while we were sinners, He still died for us. (Rom. 5:8)
* Communion is a reminder of how we are proclaiming that salvation is by Christís blood and not as a result of our works.
* Christís blood alone makes us clean from all unrighteousness . Are we appropriating His cleansing blood for all of our guilt, prejudice or hidden sins.
* Christís blood allows us to seek forgiveness and restoration of fellowship with God through the cleansing power of the blood of Christ. (I John 1:9)
* Christís blood frees us from any stain, shame or disgrace that people may try to attach to us.
* Communion is a means of having deeper fellowship with Godís people
* The Lordís supper allows us to identify, associate and fellowship with Godly people who affirm the truth of Christís atoning sacrifice for the forgiveness of our sins.
* The Lordís supper allows us to be drawn closer to other believers through greater appreciation of the love of Christ and the depth of His sacrifice.
* The Lordís supper allows believers to be drawn closer to the Love of God and the love for one another because of what we have in common in Christ
* Communion is a means of remembering that Christ is coming again in power and total victory
* The Lordís supper allows us to rejoice in the Lordís great victory in advance of all lifeís trials
* The Lordís supper allows us to be confident that God will continually fight our battles for us and win every time.
* The Lordís supper allows us witness to others of Christís coming rewards for the believing
6. Communion allows believers to examine their hearts and minds for purity of motives
* The Lordís supper allows us to take time out to search our hearts and see if there is any wicked motives in our hearts
* The Lordís supper allows us to come to God in full contrition
- Lord's Supper
- All Sermons on Lord's Supper
- Text Illustrations on Lord's Supper
- Video Illustrations on Lord's Supper
- PowerPoint Template on Lord's Supper
- Scripture on Lord's Supper
Join the discussion