Sermon shared by Daniel Olukoya
Summary: The land of the dream is as important as the physical land.
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Today we are looking at the topic ‘Destructive Dreams.’
We would start with some Scriptures. The first one is the popular Matthew 13:25 which says, “But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.” Why did the enemy choose the hour of sleep? Because that is the hour when people are least alert and at that hour, which is usually at night, a lot of evil activities take place.
The devil did an evil plantation and went his way. Many of the things that we battle now are things the enemy planted years ago and went away. Notice that he did not wait to water what he planted. He is a bad farmer who plants seeds and immediately the condition of the victim’s life makes it suitable for the seeds they will grow.
Another Scripture is Job 33:13-18: “Why dost thou strive against him? For he giveth not account of any of his matter. For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. (Because man cannot perceive after God has spoken once or twice, what does He do?) In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumbering upon the bed; then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction. That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.” These things can happen in the dream. Your ears can be opened for divine instructions. There may be a decision you want to take and God may say, “Do not take that decision," to keep your soul from perishing in the pit. Again you can see the terribleness of ignorance. A brother had a dream where somebody gave him an injection. When he woke up he felt a slight pain in his leg and just rubbed the leg with his hand and went his way. After a few weeks he became very ill and by the time a test was carried out they said he had HIV. With a little bit of knowledge he would have saved himself from problem.
Note these important statements:
• The land of the dream is as important as the physical land.
• Dreams are means of communication and as you are dreaming you are a product of your dream.
• It is dangerous to ignore your dreams, because they are monitors showing you what is going on in your spiritual life.
• Your dreams never lie. You may not understand what they mean but they will not tell you ties.
• Your dreams can reveal your past and your future.
• Your dreams can reveal to you your enemies gathered against you.
• Every dream contains a message although you may not understand it. This is why satan is very interested in influencing our dreams and why he attacks sick people in the dream. He also inflicts failure in the dream and introduces what we call automatic failure mechanism into people’s dreams. And he sometimes transforms into an angel of light to deceive people in their dreams. So, no matter what happens, every dream has a message for you. A dream may look disorganized or as nonsense but it has a message. God uses dreams as a way of saving His people from danger, as a way of revealing to His people the enemy that they are facing. The enemy knows that once he can influence your dreams he can influence so many things in your life.
Many years ago, I spent sometime praying for a sister. As she got home on the first day
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion