Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
"There is an immense profit for godlienss accompandied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of inward sufficiency). This is great and abundant gain. For we brought nothing into the world and it is certain we can carry nothing out... But those who crave to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish (useless, godless and hurtful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction and miserable perishing." (I Tim 6:6-8)
Illustration: Character Endures
Fame is a vapor,
Popularity an accident.
Riches take wings.
Only one thing endures,
- Horace Greely
Illustration: Character Killers
2. Distorting the gospel to serve your agenda .
3. Using your verbal skills to control others.
4. Appetite for power and possessions.
David Burnham, Discoveries, V. 3, No. 1
Illustration: Character is simply long habit continued. - Plutarch
Only what we have wrought into our character during life can we take with us. - Humboldt
Character is not made in crisisóit is only exhibited. - Freeman
We do not need more knowledge, we need more character! - Calvin Coolidge
Character is what you are in the dark. - D.L. Moody
Character is a by-product; it is produced in the great manufacture of daily duty. - Woodrow Wilson
Character is much easier kept than recovered. - T. Paine
The best index to a personís character is (a) how he treats people who canít do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who canít fight back. - Abigail Van Buren
The measure of a manís real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.
1. Be Accountable without getting hung up on doing things right and forgetting to do right things
2. Be Alert, but do not be quick to criticize, doubt or presume something missing without first looking for the silver cloud behind every dark cloud in situations and people.
Illustration: Character Not Comfort
God is more concerned about our character than our comfort. His goal is not to pamper us physically but to perfect us spiritually. - Paul W. Powell
3. Be All Things to All Men to win some without being insecure about your own identity, personality, outlook, convictions, experiences, callings, culture, genetics, ideas or background.
Everything You Need to Know
Six ways to learn everything you ever need to know about a man before you decide to marry him:
1. Watch him drive in heavy traffic.
2. Play tennis with him.
3. Listen to him talk to his mother when he doesnít know youíre listening.
4. See how he treats those who serve him (waiters, maids).
5. Notice what heís willing to spend his money to buy.
6. Look at his friends. And if you still canít make up your mind, then look at his shoes. A man who keeps his shoes in good repair generally tends to the rest of his life too.
Lois Wyse, Good Housekeeping, April 1985
4. Be Amiable, but do not be so socially concerned that you become a man pleaser willing to do whatever it takes for people to like you.
5. Be Analytical with becoming too wrapped up in details and problems in situations or people.
6 Aspire to Greatness, but do not pursue only selfish ambitions that involve dirty politicizing.
- All Sermons on Character
- Text Illustrations on Character
- Video Illustrations on Character
- PowerPoint Template on Character
- Scripture on Character
Join the discussion