"Double for your trouble!"
Sermon shared by Kevin Smith
Summary: God could have & should have wiped us all out in the beggining, but because of his grace & mercy he allows us, like Job, to not just have life but to have it more abundantly & ultimately, get everything we didn’t deserve."
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
I am convinced today that one of the hardest things to do as believers is to endure trials, tribulations, and struggles. We wish that life was just a bed of roses and that everything was just peachy keeny all the time. But the truth be told, trials & tribulations are a way of life for the believer. (Elaborate.)(Give scripture to back up..)
But I am also convinced that God ultimately rewards us in many tangible & intangible ways for enduring trials and hardships, and that just like he did with Job, he’ll give you double for your trouble!
So preacher, how do I get "double for my trouble."?
II. Body: How To Get "Double For Your Trouble."
A.) Realize that we all have internalized struggles in life that, one way or another, we have to get through.
- Job realized this fact from the beginning & accepted it as truth, therefore he was able to face them more readily & get through them.
- The sooner you realize that trials & tribulations are a way of life & the sooner you can get over that fact is all the more sooner you’ll be able to deal with trials in life.
- Simply stated, "GET OVER IT!"
B.) Accept what you don’t know, and quit complaining.
-This was Job’s problem earlier on, before his acceptance. (vs. 3) He didn’t know why he was suffering so, and so therefore he began to complain consistently.
- We have to accept the fact that a lot of times we just don’t know the reasons why, get over it, and move on and quit complaining!
- If Job could have done it again, I think he would have done a whole lot less complaining and a whole lot more accepting!
- Realize that God has a plan, purpose, and reason for everything, including suffering. And remember Romans 8:28, "all things work together..."
C.) Take the focus off of yourself sometimes...
- Job 42:7: "After Job had prayed for his friends..."
- We get so stuck on ourselves sometimes that we begin to have a huge pity party for ourselves, when we need to be taking the focus off ourselves & praying for someone else...
- Your DELIVERANCE is NOT always found within YOURSELF or praying for YOURSELF! Sometimes it is found in others and in praying for OTHERS!!
III. Preach The Text:
- Set up story & scenario of text.
- Encourage & exhort the people of God that no matter what they struggle through, just hold on & hold out & in the end, God WILL give you "DOUBLE for your TROUBLE!"
- God will give you more than before!!
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion