Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
2. Let us follow the example of Job, who wrote, "Songs in the night bring light during the darkness.
3. JOY HELPS US PRAY. REJOICE EVERMORE; PRAY WITHOUT CEASING IN EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS CONCERNING YOU. (I THES 5:16-18) If you are having problems rejoicing it may be connected to the fact that you are not thankful for all that you have. It could also mean that you have failed to appropriate the power of prayer.
4. Remember the famous words of the song, "O, what peace we often forfeit. O what needless pain we bear. All because we do not carry. Everything to God in prayer."
5. Remember the words of the song, "There is joy in serving Jesus. Joy that triumphs over pain. Joy that fills my heart with singing. Every hour and every day."
6. Do not let frustrations, discouragement or disappointments accumulate like dust, building up a hedge of bitterness in your mind. Instead, follow the command, "Casting ALL your care upon Him for He cares for you." (I Pet. 5:7)
7. Remember the words of the famous hymn writer, "Just when I need Him, Jesus is near. Just when I falter, just when I fear. Ready to help me. Ready to cheer. Just when I need him most.
8. Remember how in 2 CRON. 20:21-26 - WHEN AN INVADING ENEMY IMPERILED JUDAH, SINGERS WERE APPOINTED TO JOIN THE DEFENDING ARMY. WHEN THE LEVITES BEGAN TO PRAISE THE LORD WITH LOUD VOICES IN THE VALLEY OF BERACIAH, the enemy was defeated. They sang and praise God in advance believing that He would fight the battle and give them the victory.
9. Remember John Wesley who wrote, "I DO NOT REMEMBER TO HAVE FELT LOWNESS OF SPIRIT FOR ONE QUARTER HOUR. When I SEE GOD SITTING UPON HIS THRONE RULING ALL THINGS WELL." HE FOUNDED THE METHODIST CHURCH ~ SERVED FOR 40 YEARS and never ceased preaching Christ as the Head of His worldwide parish.
9. Remember to sing the words of the chorus, "I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever. With my mouth will I make known, Thy faithfulness, they faithfulness. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
10. Remember the inspiring words of David in Psa 112:1,2 - BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO FEARS THE LORD, WHO FINDS GREAT DELIGHT IN HIS COMMANDS. HE WILL HAVE NO FEAR OF BAD NEWS HIS HEART IS STEADFAST TRUSTING IN THE LORD.
11. Remember the words of David who wrote, in Psa. 16:11, "YOU HAVE MADE KNOWN TO ME THE PATH OF LIFE; YOU WILL FILL ME WITH JOY IN YOUR PRESENCE, WITH ETERNAL PLEASURES AT YOUR RIGHT HAND.
12. Remember the words of David who wrote in Psa. 27:1,2 - THE LORD IS MY LIGHT & MY SALVATION (DELIVEROR) - WHOM SHALL I FEAR? T HE LORD IS THE STRENGTH OF WHOM SHALL I BE AFRAID?
13. Remember David who wrote, in Psa. 27:5 you are my hiding place, you always fill my heart with songs
Join the discussion