Finding The Living Among The Dead.
Sermon shared by Anthony Smith
Summary: God is the God of the Living and not the God of the Dead. Speaking of Christ return and reign on this earth is sometimes difficult to get thru to people.
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Finding The Living Among The Dead. God is the God of the Living and not the God of the Dead. Speaking of Christ return and reign on this earth is sometimes difficult to get thru to people. Many want to denigh that the end is close, many want to denigh that God will destroy what He has created and many still yet want to denigh God all together. City after city from the east to west from north to south has had some kind of destruction based on the revelations of Jesus Christ. For He said when you see these things come to pass know that the end is near, even at the door. Luke 9:59-60; And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. As the morality of mankind becomes farther from the Word of God, its hard to find the living among the dead, spiritually speaking. Are there times that we must walk away from people or even city’s that refuse to hear the truth of the Scriptures? Yes. Jesus gave us examples of everything that we, as ambasitors, would encounter. “Let the dead bury their dead:” Even as New Orleans was reeling from death and destruction, many yet in that city were trying to open up their bars and clubs, homosexuals were dancing in the streets hafe naked and stating that,”Life goes on” Sodom and Gomorrha will rise up to testify against such people. The govermential system has become corrupt, legislators are willing to denigh Gods word and pass laws, legislating sin and debotchery and all manner of filth, we cant even trust what our government says any more. Here are some headlines that I thought were interesting.
1. As in Massachusetts, civil unions in Vermont were granted through court rulings.
2. Assembly-man had called bans on gay marriage “the last frontier of bigotry and discrimination.” 3. "Yet, the truth is that nudity in the home, when handled in a respectful, matter-of-fact way, is perfectly natural and certainly not harmful." In fact, research suggests that children who have seen their parents nude do not grow up to be emotionally scarred, but instead are more likely to be accepting of their own bodies and comfortable with their own sexuality. 4. Officials braced Thursday for what could be a staggering death toll by readying 25,000 body bags. 5. U.N. corruption cited in Iraq Oil for Food Program. . 6. Burma Military Closes Down Evangelical Church, Group Says
7. Eritrea Police Raid Christian Wedding Party Detaining Couple and Guests
8. Uzbekistan Destroys Christian Leaflets for Children. 9. Christian Activists Killed In Philippines
10. Palestinians poison girl for dating Christian, then burn out his relatives
11. Indonesia Christian Women Receive Jail Sentence
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion