Firstfruits of all thine increase: Lesson 3-Tithe Your Treasure
Sermon shared by Elmer Towns
Summary: "All the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree is the Lordís" (Lev. 27:30).
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
1. What does God expect of you? Tithe.
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in Mine house, and prove Me now herewith, saith the Lord of Host, if I will not open you the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10).
2. What have we been learning about tithing? Time, Talent and Treasure.
3. A few words for the problems some have with tithing.
a. I am in debt. Financial plan.
b. I do not know how. Discipline.
c. I do not have it. 10% of what you make.
d. I will have to do without. Sacrifice.
e. It will hurt my family not to tithe.
4. What will you get for tithing? Open windows of Heaven. "Open the windows of Heaven and pour you out a blessing" (Mal. 3:10).
5. What windows do for you.
a. Bay window. Beauty.
b. Ticket window. Entrance.
c. Jalousie window. Wind.
d. Bar over window. Protection.
e. Tellerís window. Money.
f. What is your favorite window?_____________________.
g. Why? _____________________________________________.
6. What can God do for you through open windows?
a. Soul-winning. "I will pour out my Spirit" (Acts 2:17 Pentecost).
b. Holy Spirit. "Poured rivers of living water" (John 7:38 ELT).
c. Jesus. "I see the Heavens open . . . the Son of Man" (Acts 7:56).
d. The Father. "Heavens opened and I saw . . . God" (Ez. 1:1).
7. Have you opened a few windows in your life? God doesnít do windows for less than 10%.
B. TITHE YOUR TREASURE
"Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine" (Prov. 3: 9,10).
1. How can you honor the Lord?
a. Yours. Whose money is "Thy substance"?
b. Necessities. What does "substance" mean?
c. First. When do you tithe?
d. All. What portion should you tithe?
e. Raises and bonuses. What does "increase" mean? When does God get a raise?
2. When should you tithe? Sunday. "Upon the first day of the week, let every one of you . . . " (I Cor. 16:2).
3. Where should you tithe? Church. "Storehouse." This was "Godís place" in the Old Testament. The church is "Godís place" in the New Testament.
4. To whom shall we give our tithe? To God. "Bring forth my present (n) and present (v) it to thee (God)" (Judges 6:18).
5. Who receives our tithe? Jesus. "On earth men that die receive our tithes, but in Heaven, Jesus that lives forever is receiving our tithe" (Heb. 7:8 ELT).
6. Can I mail the tithe, use a credit card or have it automatically deducted from my bank account? You bring yourself and give it to God. "Bring ye all the tithe . . ."
WHY GOD WANTS YOU TO BRING IT
1. To worship God with your money.
2. To grow spiritually by giving.
3. To overcome greed.
4. To expand to others.
5. To be accountable.
6. To give your whole self with your money.
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion