Summary: Five important things the Lord Jesus did when He came to earth. Each one important to our salvation, walk and life with the Lord.
FIVE THINGS JESUS DID COMING TO EARTH!
(Mat 20:28 KJV) Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
I. To minister, not be ministered unto.
A. Everywhere He went He was doing good.
(Mat 4:23 KJV) And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
(Acts 10:38 KJV) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
1. He did good because God is a good God.
2. Everything good comes from God!
(James 1:17 KJV) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
3. Every bad thing comes from the devil, Jesus said in John 10:10 that the devil came to steal, kill and destroy.
4. The devil is the author of every evil and bad thing and God is the author of every good and perfect thing.
5. Simple theology but it is true.
II. He came to seek and save that which is lost.
(Luke 19:10 KJV) For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
A. This was His ministry then and it is still His ministry today.
1. The reason is He is unchanging.
(Heb 13:8 KJV) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (Mal 3:6 KJV) For I am the LORD, I change not;….
B. Over the almost past half century my wife and I have ministered in over 125 countries seeing many thousands of people from every walk of life come to receive Christ. I have yet to meet one person who has been saved by the Grace of God say that they were sorry they became a Christian. That the day Jesus came into their lives and gave them peace, joy and forgiveness was a sorry day. Mind you, I have met a lot of sorry looking Christians. During all these years I also have never seen the Lord turn anyone away that wanted to come to Him. To meet Him at the foot of the cross.
(John 6:37 KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
C. Jesus is looking more for us that we are for Him. However, if we seek Him we will find Him.
Matt 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
1. There is a chorus that has the words that Jesus is standing some where in the shadows and that is where you will find Him. He is the only one who cares and understands. Quite touching, however, you can not hide the Light of World in the shadows. He is there all the time seeking you out to save and bless and keep you by His Power.
III. To give His life a ransom for many.
(Mark 10:45 KJV) For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
A. Jesus paid the price for our full salvation with His blood and life. Now because He lives we can live also.
(Rom 5:9 KJV) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.