* You come home and find a dozen messages on your phone from those you owe money to, and you
say, “God how did I get in this pit?”
* Your children are about to give you a nervous breakdown and you cry out, “God, what did I do to
deserve this pit?”
H) Some heavy trial comes along and you say, “God, what am I doing in this pit?”
* “I paid my tithes, I’m faithful to my church, I treat my neighbor right, I’m good to my children, I’m a
faithful husband or wife, why am I in this pit?”
* “I’ve got more problems than I know how to handle, why am I in this pit?”
I) Joseph may have also wondered why he was in the pit!
* What did he ever do to deserve being thrown into a hole in the ground?
* But God had everything in control! * Those dreams of his would surely come true!
J) Listen, when God places a dream in your heart, don’t let the pit stop you!
* When God promises you His favor and grace, don’t let the pit stop you.
* When God says He will bless and prosper you, don’t let the pit stop you.
* When you have a goal in life that will bless you and bring honor to God, don’t let the pit stop you!
K) Listen, we learn important lessons from God when we get into the pit!
* You see, Joseph didn’t realize, and his brothers certainly didn’t know it, but God had a reason for
Joseph’s pit … Joseph was in the center of God’s will in the pit!
* If you’re in the pit this morning, just keep on waiting on God, for He has a way out.
* And when you come out, He has a plan, He has a purpose, and He has an idea for you.
L) Listen, sometimes pits are necessary! * Listen to this email I got here while back …….
* If you never felt pain, how would you know that I’m a Healer?
* If you never went through difficulty, how would you know that I’m a Deliverer?
* If you never had a trial, how would you know that I’m a Comforter?
* If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I’m Forgiving?
M) If you never were in trouble, how would you know that I will come to your rescue?
* If you never were broken, how would you know that I can make you whole?
* If you never had a problem, then how would you know that I can solve them?
* If you never had known suffering, then how would you know what Jesus went through?
* If you never went through the fire, then how would you become pure?
N) If I gave you all things, how would you appreciate them?
* If I never corrected you, how would you know that I love you?
* If you had all power, then how would you learn to depend on me?
* If your life was perfect, then what would you need me for? * His dreams put him in the pit …….
(2) HIS DISCIPLINE PUT HIM IN PRISON – 39:20! * Here’s the story …….
A) As the brothers were eating while Joseph was in the pit, they looked up and saw a caravan of
Ishmeelites, and Judah said in Gen. 37:26-27 …….
* Then Midianites merchantmen passed by and they helped lift Joseph out of the pit.
* He was sold into slavery for 20 pieces of silver and his brothers concocted a story – Gen. 37:31-33.
* The Midianites then sold him to Potiphar, who was an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, and