Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Th: Prayer: A Passion for His Presence
Pr: WE CAN TRUST GOD IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE.
TS: We will find in our study of Psalm 10, three steps that will help us understand how to handle frustration with God.
The ____ step is (the)…
I. PROBLEM (1-11)
II. PROPOSAL (12-15)
III. PROVIDENCE (16-18)
RMBC 17 Nov 02 AM
1. Have you ever felt frustrated?
ILL Notebook: Location (main entrance)
A small storeowner was being pressured to sell his store to the owners of a large department store who had bought every building on the block, except his. Frustrated by the man’s refusal to sell, they eventually opened their huge store on either side of the small one, with a big banner running from one side to the other, proclaiming in huge letters "GRAND OPENING."
Feeling equally frustrated, the small storeowner did finally outsmart the large department store. Below the grand opening sign, across the front of his small store, the man put up a small banner over his door: "MAIN ENTRANCE."
Well, that is one creative way to deal with frustration.
There is an art, you know, in bugging, annoying and frustrating people.
Now if you are into this, let me share with you a few ideas on how to frustrate other people…
ILL Notebook: Annoy (How to bug people) [selected]
1. Whenever you are in public, practice making fax and modem noises.
2. Whenever you go through a drive-through at a fast food place, make sure you emphasize that your order is “to go.”
3. While you are driving, keep your car windshield wipers running in all weather conditions to "keep them tuned up."
4. Repeat the following conversation a dozen times: "Do you hear that?” "What?" "Never mind, it’s gone now."
5. Finish all your sentences with the words, "in accordance with prophesy."
6. When you go to an opera, sing along.
7. Ask your coworkers mysterious questions and then scribble their answers in a notebook. Mutter something about psychological profiles.
Believe me…do these things…and you will frustrate people.
Kidding aside though, we are often frustrated by what people do.
But let me ask you this…
2. Have you ever felt frustrated with God?
When things aren’t going right, we often wonder why God lets them happen.
Over a year ago, on 9/11, many of us though that, didn’t we?
We wondered why God would allow men to hijack airplanes that would crash into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and into a field in Pennsylvania.
Why would God allow such evil to go unchecked?
But that is not all…
Why does God allow the hostility in the Middle East to continue?
Why do certain Palestinians feel the need to blow up innocent women and children with suicide bombers?
Or why do people who desire to practice their Christian faith in countries like Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Bangladesh (and so many, many others) find their homes and churches bombed and burned down, persecuted for what they believe?
Why does God allow that?
Or perhaps you have been going through your own personal tragedy.
Perhaps you have lost a spouse.
Or maybe you have been through a divorce.
Possibly you have strained relationships with your parents or children.
Perhaps you are struggling at work, knowing that as the company downsizes, that you may be one of the
- All Sermons on Faith
- Text Illustrations on Faith
- Video Illustrations on Faith
- PowerPoint Template on Faith
- Scripture on Faith
Join the discussion