Funeral Service for baby
Sermon shared by Michael Mccartney
Summary: Again the arms of the Lord have opened to a child whom He has clasped to Himself in tender love. He was instructed us to ‘let the little children come to him’ not to’ hinder them’. The going of this one so dear to our hearts that it has brought heaven nea
Audience: Seeker adults
About Sermon Contributor
Memorial Service for Kamden - Oct. 7, 2000
Prelude music – Tiffany McCartney on the piano
Opening Prayer – Pastor Mike
Special music – Ashley McCartney “Amazing Grace” on the Sax!
Music/singing – Tiffany and Pastor Mike
· Amazing Grace
· Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
· What A Friend We Have In Jesus
· Jesus Loves the little children
Bio on Kamden:
Born on September 20, 2000 and died on Sept. 20,2000
Scriptures revealing the heart of God toward children:
NIV Mark 10:13-16
3. People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.
14. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
15. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
16. And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
Again the arms of the Lord have opened to a child whom He has clasped to Himself in tender love. He was instructed us to ‘let the little children come to him’ not to’ hinder them’. The going of this one so dear to our hearts that it has brought heaven nearer to us all.
The Lord is pleased that Kamden is with Him. The Father the Shepherd of the little lambs has taken him home for eternity.
Prayer: We therefore commit Kamden to you Lord. But Lord we miss him! Help us to see what he is currently seeing and let us gain peace to let Him go.
NIV Revelation 7:16-17
16. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat.
17. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
He is in the presence of God dwelling with him in His city where there are no more tears. Scripture also tells us in revelations other things about this Holy city:
Rev. 21:23,24 “The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings on the earth will bring their splendor into it.”
Rev. 22:4,5 “ They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.”
In Revelation 21 and 22 we learn about the residents of the Holy City. Revelation 21;10 states, “And in the spirit he carried me away to a great, high mountain and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God.”
Moore makes this observation that I would like to expand on today,
“In the verses that follow (Revelation 21 and 22), John describes the unique characteristics of that holy city. Now, the promise of Revelation is that, if you’re a believer (i.e. in the language of Revelation, you have had your “robe washed in the blood of the Lamb”), you will someday inhabit that holy heavenly city in the New Heaven!”
T.S.- Lets take a few moments today and explore this Holy city and learn what it is like and what Kamden has the pleasure of partaking of.
I. God’s Glow in the Holy city
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion