God is on Our Side
Sermon shared by Jose Rodriguez
Summary: There times when it seem like we are on our own in times of troubles But God is on our side!
Audience: Believer adults
About Sermon Contributor
GOD IS ON OUR SIDE
Text: 2 Chro. 32:1-22
A. When I was a young I played a lot of sports or pick up games
1) And I loved to win!
2) And because of that I wanted the best player on my side! Because I knew that with the best player I was going to be on the winning team!
3) As I got older I still wanted certain people on my side!
4) I wanted them at play times or times of battles or fights! Why? Because I knew if I had those certain people (big, strong and fast) on my side I was going to win!
B. How many like to lose?
1) Theyíre no fun in losing!
C. We all learn as we go through life that we need to learn that winning is not everything in sports!
1) BUT I STILL WANT TO WIN!
D. And it is right winning in a sport or some type of game is not everything, but how many know that winning in the battles of life it is everything!
1) I want to be victorious in my battles of life!
2) I WANT TO WIN!
E. We may lose some battles, fights and find times in our life when itís seems like we lost everything, Our Peace, Hope, Comfort, and our Healing our Blessing seem so far away! And itís seems like maybe somehow we have ended up on the losing team!
1) But let me give you some comfort! Let me just give you some hope, let me just give you something to think about at those times that everyone of us will at one time or an other find ourselves in when it seems like the game about over and your behind and you donít like that feeling that your about to lose!
2. Let me remind you that God is on our
II. Text: 2 Chor. 32: 1-8
A. In the O. T.
1) Many instances of times of battles, wars that Kings were almost always in
2) This king would go up against this King and that King would go up against that King.
B. Or you read in the Word over and over especially in the book of Kings and Chronicles and this King did what was right in the sight of God, or That this King did that which was evil in the sight of God!
C. So not only was there war in the natural realm, but there was also war in the spiritual realm Good against evil, demon forces against God plan for mankind!
1. How many know that those same battles are still going on today! All you have to do is pick up the new paper or watch the news
Man against man at war with each other!
Evil against good!
D. Here in our text
1) We see one of those many battles that going on between Kings
2) We see King Hezekiah which means: Strength of the Lord!
Hezekiah because king when he was 25 yr. old
(2 Chro. 29) and in verse 2 it tells us
And he did what was right in the sight of Lord according to all that his father David had done!
Hezekiah was a godly king and one of the first things we see him do is that he opened the doors of the house of the Lord! And That He repaired them.
Then he said to the Levites (priest) ďHear me Levites!
Sanctify yourselves; sanctify the house of the Lord God of your father! (Notice he said the God of your fathers he knew that he was not their God!)
Get it together; itís time to get right He not just the God of your father, But He needs to be youíre TOO!
And while youíre at get his house in order too!
So he clean out the house of the Lord and he restore worship back to the house of the Lord God!
In 2 Chro. 29: 35 the last part of that verse says
ďSo the service of the house
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion