Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
3. In spite of all of our waywardness, God wants us back! God says come home!
II. THE REQUIREMENT OF A REPENTANT HEART (vv. 10-15a)
1. Many of God’s people were cut to the heart by God’s appeal to return to Him and they responded in earnest.
(1) They humbled themselves – Pride is a barrier to revival
(2) God gave them singleness of heart to follow the kings command – they agreed that returning to celebrate the Passover was the right thing to do even though it was past the normal time.
(3) v. 14 the first thing they did was to tear down the pagan altars.
2. If our hearts are truly repentant tonight, we will respond in much the same way as they did!
(1) We will be humbled before Almighty Holy God! And admit our need for revival!
(2) We will together recognize that this church, this community need’s revival and it’s the right thing to do.
(3) We will tear down the Pagan altars in our own lives – we will for sake the other gods we have been worshiping!
3. Will you respond tonight with a repentant heart – will you: “rend your hearts and not your garments!”
III. THE REALITY OF RESTORATION (vv. 17-20)
1. The people celebrated the Passover, brought their sacrifices, and confessed their sins, but there were many in the assembly that had not yet sanctified themselves and so King Hezekiah prayed for them
(1) Prayer: God would provide atonement for their sins – for those who prepared their hearts to seek God
(2) The people may not have known exactly what they needed to do, BUT they had a DESIRE for revival!
(3) v. 20 “and the Lord listened to Hezekiah and healed the people.” God restored them and they were able to keep the Passover!
2. God wants to restore you today!
(1) That is what this revival effort is all about, and all the prayer that has gone into this time – Prayer for restoration!
(2) You may not know exactly what you need to do to be restored, BUT do you have a willing heart? Do you want to be revived and refreshed? God will show you what to do if your heart is willing.
(3) God’s promise is not condemnation, but restoration!!!
3. The possibility of restoration and forgiveness is always a reality with God. Will you respond to it?
IV THE RAPTURE OF RENEWAL (*v. 23)
1. When I say rapture, I don’t mean the rapture of the church, I mean JOY! As a result of God’s love appeal, their repentant hearts, and God’s restoration, the Joy of the Lord returned to their life! They was so much joy they celebrated the Passover another seven days!
2. I see so many of God’s people who have lost their Joy – they look defeated – they look tired – BUT If you return to the Lord, His joy – the Joy of His salvation – will return to you.
3. Will you choose renewal and the Joy of the Lord tonight?
Conclusion: Warning!!! Not all returned to God…(*v. 10) Some laughed in the face of God’s love appeal. Some were like the elder brother in the story of the prodigal son…they were bitter and refused the father’s appeal…Don’t be like that…Come on to Jesus, all who labor and are heavy burdened and he will rest you!
- Related Sermons
- Sermons related to 2 Chronicles 30:1-30:1
- All sermons from R. Darrel Davis
- Sermons on revival
- Sermons on renewal
Join the discussion