· Have you ever ask God what was stopping or blocking your blessing. God, why are you not moving on my behalf? God, did you forget me down here?
· The Bible says as a Believer, God has already blessed us.
· So if God has already blessed us, it must be something we are or are not doing to line up with the Word of God.
· We must be disobedient somewhere that is causing the curse and stopping our blessing.
· This morning we will evaluate the cause, repent and begin obeying God consistently.
· Let us look to the Word this morning and begin to unplug the stoppages that are blocking our blessing.
1. The blessings exist in every Born Again Christian.
(NKJV) Ephesians 1 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, A. Jesus has purchased mankind from the curse through His death and resurrection.
B. According to God’s Word, Christians already possess the blessing that was on Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
C. Walk in the blessings that God has given you. Open your spiritual eyes as see what the Lord has done in you.(
NKJV) Galatians 3 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
2. Examine the cause that is stopping your blessing.
A. Making other things a priority in your life instead of God.
B. Living an ungodly lifestyle.
C. Compromise and accepting the world’s way of doing things.
D. Unforgiveness and being in strife with others (Not walking in love)
(NKJV) Ephesians 5 1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
E. Not honoring God with your finances.
a. Robbing God of the tithe (10%) and offerings.
F. If you are not experiencing the blessing, don’t blame the devil-examine yourself.
G. The curse doesn’t come without a cause.
NKJV) Proverbs 26 2 Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, So a curse without cause shall not alight.
H. A curse is a blessing blocker.
I. No one can curse what God has blessed, but a blessed person can set a foundation for a curse to operate in our life.
(NKJV) Numbers 23 8 “How shall I curse whom God has not cursed? And how shall I denounce whom the LORD has not denounced?
J. What you sow is what you reap.
3. The blessing is released through obedience.
A. God will always show you where you have gone wrong and the need for repentance.
B. Once you ask God to forgive and you repent, and then move into obedience to the Word.
C. Activate the blessing by being obedience.
(NKJV) Deuteronomy 11 26 “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you today; 28 and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known.