Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
Knowing God--- by giving?
The 7 laws of seedtime and harvest
Text: Galatians 6:7-9
Genesis 1:11-12, 8:22
There are certain laws that were set in order from the beginning of time i.e.….
The law of gravity… We can’t live outside of it. It holds us to this earth
The law of life & Death… We can’t go beyond it.
And of course the law of Seedtime & Harvest
I want this to talk to you tonight about the laws of Seedtime and Harvest, The laws of Sowing and Reaping, and finally the laws of Giving and Getting.
From our scripture that we have read we find a very important key in the lives of men. In fact the very foundation of the world is based on the laws of Seedtime and Harvest.
The Bible declares that if we will give, that men will give pressed down shaken together and running over.
Luke 6:38 (KJV) Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Now remember I have always said that if the word applies to physical it also applies to the spiritual. So the laws of seedtime and harvest are the same in the spiritual as they are in the physical.
This law encompasses everything and is all inclusive.
The Bible declares Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
The key word here in this text that I want us to look at today is WHATSOEVER. That is the all-inclusive part.
What we are going to look in the next two messages are the 7 laws of sowing and reaping.
Now before we get started let me state this. THE BASIS OF THE LAW OF SEEDTIME AND HARVEST IS THIS. for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap
However, this can be broken down into some different categories.
1. We reap sometimes what others before us have sown.
· Reaping Good From Others
· PARENTS: Starting with our parents we have all received good to which we did not labor.
· FRIENDS: We have friends who have graced our lives with gifts both tangible and intangible, not because of what we have done, but because they are our friends.
· FREEDOM: We are recipients of the freedom in this land of America to which many of us did nothing to secure.
· Reaping Good From God
· SALVATION: Man is the recipient of God’s un-earnable favor.
· Reaping Bad From Others
· Adam: Starting with Adam and all the way down the human race Sin has been transferrd simply because Adam choose to sin.
2. We reap the same kind that we sow.
"If Turnip Seed Grow Turnips" by 8 year old Cody Gregory
If turnip seeds grow turnips,
And greens grow spinach greens;
If carrot seeds grow carrots
And bean seeds bring up beans;
If lettuce seeds grow lettuce,
And Brussel seeds grow sprouts;
If pea seeds always bring up peas –
Then what goes in comes out!
So kind words bring up kindness,
And bad words will grow sadness;
Forgiving words will grow forgiveness,
Glad words will grow gladness!
So watch the little seeds you plant,
In all you say and do;
For what you sow is what you reap!
Be proud of what you grew!
· Children – Bro. Stovall
· Every organism was created with the ability to reproduce after its own kind.
· There are variations of animals… There are many different kinds shapes
- Bible: Influence
- All Sermons on Bible: Influence
- Text Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- Video Illustrations on Bible: Influence
- PowerPoint Template on Bible: Influence
- Scripture on Bible: Influence
Join the discussion