God's Favorite House Part 5: Knowing God by Giving?
Sermon shared by Randy West
Summary: There are 7 laws of Seedtime and Harvest they are ...
Denomination: Church of God
Audience: Believer adults
· Some variations:
o Cattle (different colors, spotted etc.)
o Horses (different colors, spotted etc.)
o Pigs (different colors, spotted etc.)
· Grass, Seed Plants & Trees … vs.11-12 (You can’t plant corn and expect rice)
· Sea Creatures … vs. 21a
· Birds … vs. 21b
· Land Creatures … vs.24-25
· But, each one reproduces after is own kind because it has to. Not because it chooses to. IT HAS TO
· The law of seedtime and harvest does not differentiate between species. If it is alive it must follow this law.
3. We reap in a different season than we have sown.
· Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven:
· TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY????
· Married life
· Home life
· Children’s life
· Dating life
· Work life
· Fun life
· Financial life
· Health life
· Church life
· Spiritual life
· Eternal life
4. We reap more than we sow.
· Matthew 13:31-32 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, 32 "which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."
· 1 kernel of Corn planted will produce thousands of kernels of corn
· 1 bad seed planted will produce thousands of bad seeds to come
· Rebekah schemes with her second born son Jacob to deceive his father for the family blessing.
· Jacob was forced to flee because Esau had that after his father’s death he would kill Jacob.
· Rebekah sent Jacob away for what she thought would be only a few days. But she never saw Jacob again and he was gone for 20 years.
· Jacob had schemed and deceived to get the blessing and later he would receive in kind and even more from Laban his future father-n-law. Jacob worked 7 years to marry Rachel and was tricked by Laban into marrying Leah, the oldest daugher. Jacob then worked another 7 years for Rachel.
· Jacob used the skin of a kid goat to deceive his father Isaac, and in his old age he was deceived by his sons with the goat skin coat Joseph wore into believing his son was dead.
5. We reap in proportion that we sow.
· At a quick glance one might think that this law is same as law 4 but it is truly different. You can think of it this way law 4 is God’s part and this law, law 5 is our part.
· Can a farmer plant 1 acre and expect to glean from a hundred acres? NO…
· God has set forth two methods of sowing, bountifully and sparingly.
· The Old Testament affirms the principle of proportional sowing.
Proverbs 11:24-26 There is one who scatters, yet increases more; and there is one who withholds more than is right, but it leads to poverty. 25 The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself. 26 The people will curse him who withholds grain, but blessing will be on the head of him who sells it.
6. We reap the full harvest only if we persevere.
1 Cor 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
James 5:7-8 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. 8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion