"God's Got A Plan!"
Sermon shared by Kevin Smith
Summary: God has a plan for our life.. A plan to prosper us, and not to fail us, EVEN in the hardships of life!
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
In this particular text, the prophet Jerimiah has sent a letter to the exiles that Nebachunezzer had exiled from Jerusalum to Babylon concerning what they should do while in exile, as well as the promises he had made them during & before the exile, and for when they came out of exile, as well as what he was going to do to the false prophets and the enemies that were around them.But what really strikes me in this text is Vs. 11 (Read)
- Present Title.
- A plan according to Websterís is:
a.) A method or way of doing something that is decided on beforehand.
- Talk about the basics of Godís plan for our lives...
Plan DOES NOT include:
Seperation from God.
- God DOES NOT want us to FAIL!
- So what exactly does God want or have for us in his plan?
II. BODY: 3 THINGS INCLUDED IN GODíS PLAN FOR ALL HIS CHILDREN:
A. He Wants Us To Prosper!
- Prosperity means to succeed or thrive.
- God didnít mean money or material things nessecarily, or just them alone!
- He was also talking about being prospered with intangible things, (I.e, peace, joy, love, hope, happiness.)
- The material things will come, but that should not and cannot become the central focus.
(Talk about the dangers of allowing them to become the central focus.)
- God has a plan of prosperity for your life!
- IíD RATHER HAVE JESUS THAN ANYTHING!
B. He Doesnít Want Us To Be Put In Harmís Or Dangerís Way!
- God doesnít want us to be hurt, harmed, or put in danger!
- That DOES NOT mean that he will protect us from certain suffering.
- He will protect us from suffering beyond what we can bear!
- God uses our suffering & hurt for good!
- Romans 8:28
- God has a plan that includes keeping us from all hurt, harm, or danger!
C. GODíS PLAN INCLUDES GIVING US A HOPE AND A FUTURE!
- Hope is defined as "confident trust with the expectation of fullfillment."
- God wants us to hope & trust in him for a brighter tommorrow!
- Our ultimate hope rests in eternity with God!
- Along with hope comes peace!
- God has given us a sense of hope & peace that we can trust in him no matter what weíre going through that there will be a brighter tommorrow!
III. PREACH THE TEXT:
- Encourage & exhort the people of God that God has a plan for them for an abundant life & that no matter what theyíre going through his plan declares that he WILL bring them out!
- GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE!
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion