God's Perfect Love In Us
Sermon shared by Bo Dunford
Summary: The love of God that’s in us produces some things.
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
1 JOHN 4:7-12 “GOD’S PERFECT LOVE IN US”
* The word love is found 310 times in the Bible.
* Loveth is found 65 times and the word loved is found 98 times and charity is found 28 times.
A) I don’t know of anything more powerful than the love of God! * Love originates in God … 1 John 4:19
* Love is a powerful thing … When a man meets a woman and falls in love, they get married.
* They promise to love one another forever and until death do they part.
* Yes … Love is a powerful thing … It keeps couples together until death parts them!
* Song: Love Will Keep Us Together.
B) Of course, there are always battles in every marriage!
* You learn a lot after years of marriage. * I’ve learned the meaning of a few words that women
use from time to time. * For instance ... The word “Fine.”
* This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
C) “Five Minutes.” * If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour!
* Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game
before helping around the house.
* “Nothing.” * This is the calm before the storm … This means “something” and you should be on
your toes … Arguments that begin with “nothing” usually end in “fine.”
D) “Go Ahead.” * This is a dare, not permission, DON’T DO IT!
* “Loud Sigh.” * Although not actually a word, the loud sigh is often misunderstood by men.
* A “Loud Sigh” means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time
standing here and arguing with you over “Nothing.”
E) “That’s Okay.” * This is one of the most dangerous statements that women can make to men.
* “That’s Okay” means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you
will pay for your mistake.
* “Thanks.” * This is the least used of all words in the female vocabulary.
* If a woman is thanking you, do not question it …….
* Just say, “You’re welcome,” and back out of the room slowly. 1 Cor. 13:7 Love ... Beareth all things.
F) Love is a powerful thing … Love makes things happen!
* Let me show you what happens when you have the perfect love of God in you …….
(1) GOD’S LOVE BRINGS OBEDIENCE! * John 14:15, Jesus said “If ye love me, keep my …”
* Greek word for "keep" is tereo (tay-reh’-o) and means to hold fast, to serve.
* This is the only proper evidence and proof of our love to Jesus.
A) Look over at 1 John 5:2-3 ……. * What are these commandments?
* The Greek word is “entole” (en-tol-ay’) and means “an authoritative prescription.”
* 1 John 3:23 gives us the answer … * This is the love of God in action!
* This is not a choice or a suggestion … We have too many words and not enough action today!
* 1 John 3:18 “My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and …”
B) The love of God in action is doing, not saying!
* John 15:12 “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.”
* John 15:17 “These things I command you, that ye love one another.”
C) If we love one another as Jesus loves us, we’ll serve and sacrifice one for another!
* He served … He gave … He sacrificed even the giving of His life, that we might be saved.
* And we should be willing to sacrifice for our brethren … 1 John 3:16 “Hereby perceive we …”
* John 13:35 “By this shall all men know that ye are my
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion