GODíS PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE
Sermon shared by Rodelio Mallari
Summary: The average lifespan is about 25,520 days (Psa. 90:10). In light of this, donít you think it would be so wise to use those days fulfilling Godís purpose for your life? God has a purpose for you that is greater than your wishes, ambition, occupation or eve
Audience: General adults
About Sermon Contributor
Intro: The average lifespan is about 25,520 days (Psa. 90:10). In light of this, donít you think it would be so wise to use those days fulfilling Godís purpose for your life? God has a purpose for you that is greater than your wishes, ambition, occupation or even your happiness. The word ďpurposeĒ in its various forms is mentioned at least 42 times in the Bible. Look around and see many things with a purpose. Have you ever asked yourself, why are you here? Whatís your purpose of living? Where do you go from here?
1. You were created for Godís pleasureóWORSHIP (John 4:24; Rev. 4:11). Being a true worshipper of God is one of the highest honors and greatest privileges you can ever have. Worship simply means bringing pleasure to God. It is our act of ADORATION, LOVE, DEVOTION, RESPECT, HONOR, and REVERENCE for our Heavenly Father. Every Christian should worship God in at least three ways, as: (1) an INDIVIDUAL; (2) a FAMILY; (3) a CONGREGATION. Many are cold and bored in Sunday worship because they failed to worship God as an individual and family during the week!
2. You were made for Godís familyóFELLOWSHIP (I Cor. 1:9). A life of fellowship with God is one of perfect joy and peace, seeking to glorify the Lord in every action, plan, and enjoying consistent communion with him (Psa. 16:11). Godís purpose and intention for us in this life is to provide for our greatest good, usefulness and joy (I Cor. 2:9).
3. You were created to become like ChristóDISCIPLESHIP (Luke 14:27; I Pet. 2:21). Observe that Godís ultimate goal for your life is not just your comfort or happiness (Luke 12:15) but your holiness and godliness (Tit. 2:11-12). Jesus suffered and died not just to make you a happy person! He saved you from both penalty and power of sin in your life! Real godliness is great gain (I Tim. 6:6). To be spiritually mature is to grow in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and become like Him (Eph 4:13).
4. You were made for serving GodóMINISTRY (I Cor. 3:9). Spiritual growth and maturity are never the end of Christian life. The word ďSaviourĒ means Christ gave Himself for us and the word ďLordĒ implies that we give ourselves to Him in return. We grow in Christ so we can give as Christ. Aside from Bible reading, prayer, attendance, and givingÖwhat can you say your ministry is? Itís not enough to say that you have not forgotten about GodÖ serve Him!
5. You were created for a missionóEVANGELISM (John 15:8, 16a). A good tree is known by its fruits. Life begets life. A Christian begets another Christian through the giving of the Gospel of Christ. Only when we have attained #1-4 and have continuously reproduced our kind can we honestly say that we have fulfilled our divine purpose.
Rom. 8:28 Ė ďAnd we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.Ē
In Acts 13:36a, the Bible states that David accomplished Godís purpose in serving his generation by fulfilling Godís will. David dedicated his life to fulfilling Godís purposes for him while he was alive on earth. God is still looking for Christians who will live on godly purpose. Consecrate yourself to do Godís will in your time and generation. That is what the purpose of life is all about. ďOnly one life it will soon be past, only what is done for Christ will last!Ē Will you live faithfully for God
Comments and Shared Ideas
Join the discussion