Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
A. Listen to these words!
“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything. I will not refuse to do the something I can do” (Edward Everet Hale)
B. These are inspiring words of courage and determination
1. They show us the significant impact of just one person
2. We can make a difference - we are the salt of the earth/light of world
C. The Book of Esther illustrates this great fact
1. This is a Book that introduces us to a woman of strength and dignity
2. The year is 483 BC and the location is Persia, under the reign of King Xerxes or Ashaseurus.
D. In this book we see the finger of God even though his name is not found once
1. God is at work during hard times Chs.1-6 and Happy times Chs.7-10
2. He may be invisible, but is also Invincible, and we see that here.
I. THE GREAT CRISIS
A. All the Jews in Persia were about to be killed!
1. Because of one man’s hatred for another, a whole nation is to be wiped out.
2. His name is Haman, and he is a proud, power hungry, dangerous and wicked man
3. Through his crafty and evil ways, he tricked the king to sign a decree 3:8
4. It seemed too bad to be true, and yet it is a crisis of untold proportions.
B. What do we do in a crisis situation?
1. Some go to pieces, others go the Prince of Peace.
2. Psa.121 - I lift mine eyes unto the Hills...from whence cometh my help?
3. When we face a Crisis, we need to go to Jesus Christ, the Christ of every Crisis, and he will bring peace and an answer to our problems.
II. THE GRAVE CHOICE
A. Queen Esther had the power to do something about it!
1. Moredecai her cousin reminded her of that.
2. She had a very important decision to make.
3. God had made her Queen for this very purpose - from a humble orphan girl
B. But what could she do?
1. She needed to become involved in this whole situation.
2. Her intervention could save the lives of thousands of her Jewish people
3. But if she chose to do nothing, there still would be no escape for her.
4. This is why Esther had to have the courage to do the right thing.
III. THE GRIEVOUS CONSEQUENCES
A. Queen Esther could lose her life by going to the King
1. The King had to summon her, and he had not done that for 30 years.
2. She was going to put her life on the line for the future safety of her people.
B. There is a time when we must risk all for God.
1. There are certain times when we must put it all on the line for the Lord.
2. This requires great courage and character, but it is always worth it.
3. The consequences of doing nothing are always greater than that of doing the right thing.
4. Remember this too - God will get His work done, with us or without us, but He wants us to be a part of the plan.
IV. THE GRAND CONCLUSION
A. Esther arranges a banquet for the King and Haman
1. Mordecai is honored by Haman Chs.5-6
2. Haman is then hanged on the very gallows he had build for Mordecai-Ch.7
B. Then the walls come tumbling down - Ch.8
1. The Kings heart is changed as he gives authority
- All Sermons on Endurance
- Text Illustrations on Endurance
- Video Illustrations on Endurance
- PowerPoint Template on Endurance
- Scripture on Endurance
Join the discussion