Staff Picks of the Week:
Memorial Day 2013
Memorial Day 2013 Preaching Bundle »
Greater Love Video Illustration » Everlasting God Worship Music Video »
Sabbath Sabbath Preaching Bundle »
1 Outta 7 Video Illustration » Before The Throne… Worship Music Video »
"HE MAKETH ME Ė HE LEADETH ME"
TEXT: Psalm 23:2 ; John 10:1-15 W. Max Alderman
INTRODUCTION: This second verse shows the difference ways that He teaches His sheep. Notice the contrasting nature in which He teaches His sheep. Sometimes He "maketh me" and then at other times He "leadeth me". He knows just what we need.
I. HE MAKETH ME TO LIE DOWN IN GREEN PASTURES
Fear, tension, aggravation and hunger will keep a sheep from resting and also keep the sheep from lying down. Likewise, we can be so overwhelmed by having our sheep-like natures that we do not enjoy the rest in Jesus that we should.
A. He Must "Make Me" Because of My Sheep-like Nature.
1. A sheep is wild by his nature.
2. A sheep is weak by his nature.
3. A sheep will wander by his nature. (Isaiah 53:6)
"Iíve wandered far away from God, The paths of sin too long Iíve trod, Iím tired of sin and straying Lord, I now repent with bitter tears. Iím tired of sin and straying, Lord. Iíll trust Thy love, believe thy Word. My soul is sick, my heart is sore- My strength renew, my hope restore".
B. He Must "Make Me" Because of My Needs.
1. As a sheep I need rest (Psalm 37:7)
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for himÖ"
2. As a sheep I need refreshment.
3. As a sheep I need reassurance.
4. As a sheep I need rescuing.
II. HE LEADETH ME BESIDE THE STILL WATERS.
A. He Leadeth Me Because of My Timidity.
1. Sheep are not fierce animals.
(they have not the courage of a lion or the callousness of an elephant)
2. Sheep are frail animals.
B. He Leadeth Me Because of My Thirst.
Water is available to the sheep from 3 sources: Morning dew, Deep wells and Streams.
1. A sheep needs water for strength.
2. A Sheep needs water for survival.
CONCLUSION: To strengthen ones walk with the Lord, it will be good to learn as much as you can about the shepherd and his sheep. I hope that this study will be helpful.
- Bible: Study
- All Sermons on Bible: Study
- Text Illustrations on Bible: Study
- Video Illustrations on Bible: Study
- PowerPoint Template on Bible: Study
- Scripture on Bible: Study
Join the discussion